Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Around OC 0.6.3, BigSur 11.6.2

No, I mean, where in the boot process does it stop?

Enable verbose mode and take a photo of where it stops. Also, make sure you disable CFG Lock.

I'm using your EFI OpenCore 0.9.3 Z390M folder. I get this before it boots.
View attachment IMG_6784.jpg
It boots but there is no Ethernet or WiFi.
I've included my modified config file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    81.9 KB · Views: 23
One other thing. I'm using OCAuxiliaryTools to update OC and others. For someone that's barely keeping my head above water with Hackintosh, I need something. Is this a god-send or POS?
Any recommendations?
It's reporting lots of errors, should I be worried?
Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 5.09.16 PM.png

One other thing. I'm using OCAuxiliaryTools to update OC and others. For someone that's barely keeping my head above water with Hackintosh, I need something. Is this a god-send or POS?
Any recommendations?
It's reporting lots of errors, should I be worried?
View attachment 572729
yes, you need to fix those so no errors show up

I set
UEFI->Output->InitialMode is illegal (Can only be Auto, Text, or Graphics) !
to Auto

Now I'm only getting
Kernel->Patch [6]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!
Kernel->Patch [7]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!
I think 6 is missing the ReplaceMask data
Both are Network related...

PastryChef - Your "EFI OpenCore 0.9.3 Z390M" folder has IGPU disabled, so that is fixed also.
Can I still keep it set to iMac19,1 or is that causing problems also?

I set
UEFI->Output->InitialMode is illegal (Can only be Auto, Text, or Graphics) !
to Auto

Now I'm only getting
Kernel->Patch [6]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!
Kernel->Patch [7]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!
I think 6 is missing the ReplaceMask data
Both are Network related...

PastryChef - Your "EFI OpenCore 0.9.3 Z390M" folder has IGPU disabled, so that is fixed also.
Can I still keep it set to iMac19,1 or is that causing problems also?

Using iMac19,1 is not a problem but you should leave IGPU enabled in BIOS. Nothing needs to be done in config.plist.

Those patches in your config.plist are for 10GBase-T. If you do not have a 10GBase-T NIC, you can disable or delete all of them.

Hi, did anybody install Sonoma with the 0.9.3 EFI from Post #1?
Any problems?
Or can I risk to do the update? Ventura 13.5.2 works fine so far.
Thx!

Hi, did anybody install Sonoma with the 0.9.3 EFI from Post #1?
Any problems?
Or can I risk to do the update? Ventura 13.5.2 works fine so far.
Thx!

It would probably be a good idea to upgrade to at least OpenCore 0.9.5.

Also, Sonoma will break Wi-Fi if you are using a BCM943xxxxxxx card. It's possible to get Wi-Fi working again using OCLP, but it's a bit hacky and requires that you keep SIP disabled. Please see post #5544 on this thread for more info.

It would probably be a good idea to upgrade to at least OpenCore 0.9.5.

Also, Sonoma will break Wi-Fi if you are using a BCM943xxxxxxx card. It's possible to get Wi-Fi working again using OCLP, but it's a bit hacky and requires that you keep SIP disabled. Please see post #5544 on this thread for more info.
ok, thx. But if I want to use OC 0.9.5 what exactly do I have to do to?

So far I always used your "ready to use" EFI which always worked perfect :clap::)

I use "Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.111.1 AirPortDriverBrcmNIC-1772.1)" Is it different from the BCM943xxx?

I saw the post #5544, was wondering if it means to use OC and OCLP on the same machine

ok, thx. But if I want to use OC 0.9.5 what exactly do I have to do to?

So far I always used your "ready to use" EFI which always worked perfect :clap::)

I use "Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.111.1 AirPortDriverBrcmNIC-1772.1)" Is it different from the BCM943xxx?

I saw the post #5544, was wondering if it means to use OC and OCLP on the same machine

No, it's not different. Same thing. Your Wi-Fi will be broken after upgrading to Sonoma.

Grab the latest release version of OpenCore from acidanther's GitHub page.
Replace the following files in your EFI:
/EFI/BOOT/*.*
/EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
/EFI/OC/Drivers/*.*
/EFI/OC/Tools/*.*
Reboot and make sure everything is working.
Upgrade to Sonoma.
After upgrading, follow the following guide to get Wi-Fi working again:https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little.../WIiFi_Sonoma.md#2-config-and-efi-adjustments

Back