Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Clover EFI updated to r5132.
  • All kexts updated to latest release versions.

OpenCore EFI updated to 0.6.8.
  • All kexts updated to latest release versions.
  • Do not use your old config.plist. Instead, copy your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address to new config.plist.

I highly recommend testing new EFIs with USB flash drive before replacing your existing EFI.

It is also recommended that you clear NVRAM a few times after updating to a new EFI.

Any noticeable changes to performance or functionality? I'll probably give it a go this weekend.

@pastrychef just noticed some strage behaviour: under Win10, while rendering something, CPU temps reach max 75-80 deg C - and the CPU is running full speed (checked with CPUZ).
When I render under MacOS - HWMonitor shows temps around 95-100 deg C... Is it possible that under MacOS CPU is clocked differently?

@pastrychef just noticed some strage behaviour: under Win10, while rendering something, CPU temps reach max 75-80 deg C - and the CPU is running full speed (checked with CPUZ).
When I render under MacOS - HWMonitor shows temps around 95-100 deg C... Is it possible that under MacOS CPU is clocked differently?

I don't trust the readings from HWMonitor. It used to show my laptop CPU running 100C all the time even when idle.

I don't trust the readings from HWMonitor. It used to show my laptop CPU running 100C all the time even when idle.
Double chceked everything, and there is something more to this than just wrong HWMonitor reporting, I think...
I've triple-run VRay Benchmark under macOS Catalina and Win10.

Mac: (temps and power from HWMonitor)
score: 10658-10696
temps: 94-99 deg C
power usage: 155-170W

Win: (temps and power from CPUID HWMonitor)
score: 9733-9855
temps: 83-88 deg C
power usage: 150.8W max

It looks like the scores confirms that there is something to those higher temperatures and power usage...

Double chceked everything, and there is something more to this than just wrong HWMonitor reporting, I think...
I've triple-run VRay Benchmark under macOS Catalina and Win10.

Mac: (temps and power from HWMonitor)
score: 10658-10696
temps: 94-99 deg C
power usage: 155-170W

Win: (temps and power from CPUID HWMonitor)
score: 9733-9855
temps: 83-88 deg C
power usage: 150.8W max

It looks like the scores confirms that there is something to those higher temperatures and power usage...

Try with iStat Menus trial.

After installing MacCleanerPro, and restarting my Mac, it is impossible to install my driver for my WiFi key. It installs it, and then, after restarting the Mac, it no longer recognizes my key.

Do you have an idea?

Arche T4U (TP-Link)

Yhank you, all.

Have a good day.

After installing MacCleanerPro, and restarting my Mac, it is impossible to install my driver for my WiFi key. It installs it, and then, after restarting the Mac, it no longer recognizes my key.

Do you have an idea?

Arche T4U (TP-Link)

Yhank you, all.

Have a good day.

Sorry, I've never used the Arche T4U, and I've never even heard of MacCleanerPro...

Back