Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Yeah, I'm good with 19,1. The funny thing is, the internal USB 2.0 header seems to work with my front case plugs on 19,1 but not 1,1 also. Again, thank you for your help.

The USB ports kext is not configured for iMac19,1. Please use the kext attached to post #1617.

The USB ports kext is not configured for iMac19,1. Please use the kext attached to post #1617.
Internal USB 2.0 header doesn't work with that kext either. The rest of them seem to. Is there system stability risk to using the 1,1 kext? All the plugs seem to work with that one.

So not only does the header not work, but THAT is what was causing the video not to play. When running the other kext you recommended for 19,1, I got the frozen video again. After I switched back to your original kext, even though I'm on 19,1, both the USB 2 header and the video works. Hackintoshing. Gotta love it.

So not only does the header not work, but THAT is what was causing the video not to play. When running the other kext you recommended for 19,1, I got the frozen video again. After I switched back to your original kext, even though I'm on 19,1, both the USB 2 header and the video works. Hackintoshing. Gotta love it.

Yes. By default, I have the USB2 headers disabled to stay under the 15 port limit. Please see "EFI configuration notes" on post #1.

If you want to customize your USB port configuration, please follow the following guide.

@pastrychef Thank you for all your info and help on various threads. Ive been reading through many of them and I wanted to verify a comment from you on another members Aorus Pro ITX build. You mentioned:
"
For me, I can enable IGPU and boot by doing the following:
  1. Copy OpenCore EFI folder to EFI partition of your main system drive.
  2. Clear CMOS.
  3. Unlock MSR.
  4. Make all necessary changes to BIOS settings.
  5. Boot in to macOS via OpenCore.

Once you have it working, you must do the following to keep it working:
  • Do not boot Clover.
  • Do not boot from USB.
  • Do not boot from other EFI partitions.
  • Any of the above can break the ability to boot from OpenCore with IGPU enabled.
  • If/when it breaks, you must clear CMOS again and repeat above steps 2-5.
"

I'm assuming that booting from another SSD (my win10 drive) would fall under "Other EFI partitions" is that correct? Meaning that in order to keep my IGPU enabled, I need to only boot to MacOS, or prepare to perform those steps before I switch back?

@pastrychef Thank you for all your info and help on various threads. Ive been reading through many of them and I wanted to verify a comment from you on another members Aorus Pro ITX build. You mentioned:
"
For me, I can enable IGPU and boot by doing the following:
  1. Copy OpenCore EFI folder to EFI partition of your main system drive.
  2. Clear CMOS.
  3. Unlock MSR.
  4. Make all necessary changes to BIOS settings.
  5. Boot in to macOS via OpenCore.

Once you have it working, you must do the following to keep it working:
  • Do not boot Clover.
  • Do not boot from USB.
  • Do not boot from other EFI partitions.
  • Any of the above can break the ability to boot from OpenCore with IGPU enabled.
  • If/when it breaks, you must clear CMOS again and repeat above steps 2-5.
"

I'm assuming that booting from another SSD (my win10 drive) would fall under "Other EFI partitions" is that correct? Meaning that in order to keep my IGPU enabled, I need to only boot to MacOS, or prepare to perform those steps before I switch back?

Doing the above CAN break OpenCore but it doesn't always break it.
If you keep IGPU disabled, none of the above should break OpenCore.

Booting from a Windows drive won't break OpenCore, at least it never has for me.

Also, once you have the hackintosh aspect of everything working, you can go in to BIOS and save your BIOS profile to a USB flash drive. If/when OpenCore breaks, you can clear CMOS and boot in to BIOS, then load your previously saved BIOS profile and all will be good again.

Hi.
First of all: thank you Pastrychef for this amazing post. I've been struggling for weeks, turns out your files fixed everything for me.
Do you accept donations? If you do, let me know.
I just cannot get audio to work. Any suggestions?
I used your EFI and Config.list for igpu only

Hi.
First of all: thank you Pastrychef for this amazing post. I've been struggling for weeks, turns out your files fixed everything for me.

Hmm... Audio should be working...

Make sure that your speakers are connected to the green audio out port on the back of the motherboard. Also, in System Preferences > Sound > Output, try all the options available.

Hi.

What files do you have in /Library/Extensions/?

What files do you have in /Library/Extensions/?
ACS6x.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
SoftRAID.kext

(PS: my previous post, with some information, was deleted. I'm on Mojave, reinstalled the system fresh. Installing Catalina would do any good? I´d other have Mojave because of 32bits apps. Testes sound on a live dvd of linux, its working)

Back