Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

no it's correct in finder, it says a different name on the opencore boot screen. And actually I spoke too soon about things being fine lol. Video doesn't work. Interestingly, Netflix will load a video now, but it won't play. Amazon behaves the same way, even in chrome.

no it's correct in finder, it says a different name on the opencore boot screen. And actually I spoke too soon about things being fine lol. Video doesn't work. Interestingly, Netflix will load a video now, but it won't play. Amazon behaves the same way, even in chrome.

I don't know why OpenCore shows a different name.

Make sure you have IGPU disabled in BIOS.

It is indeed. Aperture setting is 256mb if that makes any difference. 4G encoding enabled

It is indeed. Aperture setting is 256mb if that makes any difference. 4G encoding enabled

If IGPU is disabled, aperture setting doesn't matter.

Please download the attached version of IORegistryExplorer. Then launch it, save the output, and post here.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip
    254.5 KB · Views: 46
If IGPU is disabled, aperture setting doesn't matter.

Please download the attached version of IORegistryExplorer. Then launch it, save the output, and post here.

Attachments

• Phil’s iMac.ioreg
    11.3 MB · Views: 47
:( Yeah this has been my story for every time I've tried. Might just be the particular video card. I hear they are finicky in general, and some XFX models don't even work at all. But you'd think if it works with everything else except safari on 19,1 and framebuffer patches, that it would work like it's supposed to on 1,1 without them. I'll probably just switch back to 19,1 and get chrome video at least and just call DRM a lost cause.

:( Yeah this has been my story for every time I've tried. Might just be the particular video card. I hear they are finicky in general, and some XFX models don't even work at all. But you'd think if it works with everything else except safari on 19,1 and framebuffer patches, that it would work like it's supposed to on 1,1 without them. I'll probably just switch back to 19,1 and get chrome video at least and just call DRM a lost cause.

I don't know if the RX 580 is the issue... I've never tried on an RX 580. I only have Vega 56 and Radeon VII. DRM works on those two...

I don't know if the RX 580 is the issue... I've never tried on an RX 580. I only have Vega 56 and Radeon VII. DRM works on those two...
If I understand it correctly, it isn't the fact it's an RX560, 570, 580 etc it's that it's a XFX RX580.

Yeah, I'm good with 19,1. The funny thing is, the internal USB 2.0 header seems to work with my front case plugs on 19,1 but not 1,1 also. Again, thank you for your help.

Back