Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Pastrychef hoping you can help me . I have tried everything to get sleep to work on my build including moving from Clover to Opencore. Sleep works great on Windows but not Catalina.I have a Asus Z390 , I 9900K and Vega 64 . I have attached my EFI and also the error log to see if you can help me find an answer.

The kernel panic says WindowServer stopped responding.

The only thing that I can think of trying is to delete the ig-platform-id setting in your config.plist.

Maybe you can also try with IGPU disabled and see if it makes a difference.

Holy smokes!!!

View attachment 462105

Araguaia and Zutia can both work with Radeon VII. I don't know which is better or if either has issues. I haven't done enough testing.

Kamarang and Iriri can both work with Vega 56/64.

On Clover, these framebuffers can be injected via config.plist or SSDT can be used. On OpenCore, SSDTs must be used. Please see here for more info.

I have test with Kamarang for Vega 64: 58268 to 70832
My i9-9900K : 8672

Holy smokes!!!

View attachment 462105

Araguaia and Zutia can both work with Radeon VII. I don't know which is better or if either has issues. I haven't done enough testing.

On Clover, these framebuffers can be injected via config.plist or SSDT can be used. On OpenCore, SSDTs must be used. Please see here for more info.
Wtf??? How is that even possible?

The kernel panic says WindowServer stopped responding.

The only thing that I can think of trying is to delete the ig-platform-id setting in your config.plist.

Maybe you can also try with IGPU disabled and see if it makes a difference.

The IGPU has been disabled in BIOS. I'm new to Opencore can you please help me remove the ig-plataform-id in the plist. Do I just remove everything from add and block or just the ig-platform-id reference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.25.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.25.18 PM.png
    112 KB · Views: 46
The IGPU has been disabled in BIOS. I'm new to Opencore can you please help me remove the ig-plataform-id in the plist. Do I just remove everything from add and block or just the ig-platform-id reference.

Attachments

• config.plist
    18.2 KB · Views: 51
Holy smokes!!!

View attachment 462105

Whatevergreen on or off for this or does it matter?

Whatevergreen on or off for this or does it matter?

It doesn't matter. It should work with or without WhateverGreen. We are just telling macOS to use a specific framebuffer.

Back