Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Is it in Open Core?

Not yet. I will be adding it to OpenCore when 0.5.8 is released. I will also have OpenCanopy enabled by default.

If you wish to add RadeonBoost now, just grab it from the Clover EFI and copy the kext to your OpenCore EFI. Then enable the kext in config.plist > Kernel > add.

Thank you so much bro !
I start with Hackintosh and after many days being stuck with black screen and prohibited sign at boot screen, your guide help me so much and works like a glove on my configuration !
Again, thank you

Updated Clover EFI to Clover r5114.
OcQuirks-Revision 22.
RadeonBoost.kext added.
Switched to audio-id 18.
Hi, I've made a fresh installation with the EFI Clover r5114 attatchment, and the audio seems not work, while the r5107 works fine. Did I miss some additional audio setting?

Hi, I've made a fresh installation with the EFI Clover r5114 attatchment, and the audio seems not work, while the r5107 works fine. Did I miss some additional audio setting?

Please change the following to 02000000.
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 2.39.46 PM.png

Yes, I followed the original thread early in the development of this. Please see here.

I prefer CMMChirs' method of injecting specific framebuffer properties while continuing to use the default framebuffer. I think there's less chance of problems with this method. I'm also using a later version of the kext that does not contain any executables which means it's less likely to break.

I inject custom PowerPlay Tables via config.plist. I try to limit the number of DSDT/SSDTs as much as possible. I don't even use SSDT-USBX for power injection anymore. I do the power injection via kext.

It is CMMchirs method, the SSDT listed is just the PPT and it is 1.4 of CMMchris method.

You'll be pleased to know, this should be the last question from me for a while! System is running very well thanks to your help. My question is re power injection. My understanding is limited but you said you use kext for this now, not SSDT, I notice @pastrychef your USB kext is called "USBPorts-with-Power", well I have made a new kext with hackintool to enable the internal F_USB2 that I need. Do I need to do anything now in respect of power injection? I am not very knowledgable on that so any help appreciated and I will leave you alone very soon I promise!

You'll be pleased to know, this should be the last question from me for a while! System is running very well thanks to your help. My question is re power injection. My understanding is limited but you said you use kext for this now, not SSDT, I notice @pastrychef your USB kext is called "USBPorts-with-Power", well I have made a new kext with hackintool to enable the internal F_USB2 that I need. Do I need to do anything now in respect of power injection? I am not very knowledgable on that so any help appreciated and I will leave you alone very soon I promise!

You can do it the more conventional way by just adding the SSDT-USBX.aml or replacing SSDT-EC.aml with SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
    278 bytes · Views: 89
Yup. Since day one of release. Please see here.
I will use your EFI then, because I tried to update to the latest version of Catalina and it is not entering the system.
I will review about the USB I / O that is connected to the wifi card, because mine is not working BT.

Back