Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

That's normal behavior. If you have a dGPU installed, only connect monitor(s) to the dGPU.
Yes, When I remove the dgpu the igpu works again.

Clover EFI updated to r5145. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

OpenCore EFI updated to 0.7.9. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

As always, test new EFIs from a USB flash drive before deleting your existing/working EFI.

Yes. That's normal.
I don't know what else to do, when I connect my Gigabyte Vega 56 OC Gaming 8GB, the motherboard gives 5 beeps and no video, and I tested it with another GPU (GTX 750) the same thing happens.
When I remove the GPU and boot from the iGPU, it works fine.
I changed the PSU and it still happens.

I don't know what else to do, when I connect my Gigabyte Vega 56 OC Gaming 8GB, the motherboard gives 5 beeps and no video, and I tested it with another GPU (GTX 750) the same thing happens.
When I remove the GPU and boot from the iGPU, it works fine.
I changed the PSU and it still happens.

With your Vega 56 installed, disconnect monitor cable from the motherboard connector and plug it in to the Vega 56.

If you still get the motherboard beeps, try clearing CMOS.

With your Vega 56 installed, disconnect monitor cable from the motherboard connector and plug it in to the Vega 56.

If you still get the motherboard beeps, try clearing CMOS.
still get the motherboard beeps and already clearing CMOS.

Is your power supply sufficient to power the video card?
Yes, tried 2 Power Supply, Corsair RM850x 80Plus Gold and CoolerMaster MWE 750 80Plus Bronze.

Yes, tried 2 Power Supply, Corsair RM850x 80Plus Gold and CoolerMaster MWE 750 80Plus Bronze.

I can't think of anything else.... Are you sure you are using the correct power cables to connect to the video cards?

These are a couple shots in the dark.

1) Are you sure that you've selected in the BIOS
  • Advanced Mode > Settings > IO Ports > Initial Display Output > PCIe 1 Slot
2) Would you be able to try the PCIX4 slot to see if you have the same problem? Not an ideal solution, but it could point to a motherboard problem. Another user had that issue (ie., the PCIX16 slot didn't work)

Back