Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Can I ask a question a little out of context?
I have the same motherboard, processor and GPU.
- Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
- Intel i9 9900K
- Radeon Vega 56 8GB
I don't know what this is, but my Vega is not booting, but when the IGPU it gives video, and when I put the Vega 56 again there is no video.
If I put this dGPU on another machine, it works fine.
Could it be some BIOS setting I'm missing?

Can I ask a question a little out of context?
I have the same motherboard, processor and GPU.
- Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
- Intel i9 9900K
- Radeon Vega 56 8GB
I don't know what this is, but my Vega is not booting, but when the IGPU it gives video, and when I put the Vega 56 again there is no video.
If I put this dGPU on another machine, it works fine.
Could it be some BIOS setting I'm missing?

Have you tried disabling IGPU when your Vega is installed?

Attachments

• Vega 56 issue.jpeg
    Vega 56 issue.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 34
Yes, still now working.
Check the cable between the card and the monitor. Some people have reported in certain situations, the cable quality makes a difference, especially HDMI. I think the Radeons are fussy. You can also try the DP connections with a DP cable. Are you using an adapter by any chance, ie., an HDMI > DP or DVI adapter? I remember I was using an HDMI > DVI adapter and after a upgrading the OS to Big Sur, I started having problems.

Do you even see the BIOS splash screen or BIOS menus?
When I remove the Vega and boot from the iGPU, the splash screen and Bios Menu appear, but when I put the Vega 56 on, it doesn't.
Check the cable between the card and the monitor. Some people have reported in certain situations, the cable quality makes a difference, especially HDMI. I think the Radeons are fussy. You can also try the DP connections with a DP cable. Are you using an adapter by any chance, ie., an HDMI > DP or DVI adapter? I remember I was using an HDMI > DVI adapter and after a upgrading the OS to Big Sur, I started having problems.
I'm using the same cable.

When I remove the Vega and boot from the iGPU, the splash screen and Bios Menu appear, but when I put the Vega 56 on, it doesn't.

If you can't even see the splash screen or BIOS, you may need to start fresh by clearing CMOS.

Yes, the iGPU from the motherboard is more tolerant to the cable than the Radeon, from what I recall. I would try switching to DP at least, and see if that solves the problem.

Edit: wait, do you mean that if you have the monitor connected to the iGPU, then you install the Vega, the iGPU no longer outputs the splash screen and BIOS menu?

Edit: wait, do you mean that if you have the monitor connected to the iGPU, then you install the Vega, the iGPU no longer outputs the splash screen and BIOS menu?
Exactly

Back