Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hi there! It's me again
Well The thunderbolt card was connected but I realized when I connect a usb to the usb hub this is not recognized...
I did these steps:
For those who have GC-Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCI-e card:
  • Advanced Mode > Settings > Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration > Thunderbolt Boot Support > Boot Once
  • Advanced Mode > Settings > Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration > Security Level > No Security
  • Advanced Mode > Settings > Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration > Discrete Thunderbolt Configuration > GPIO3 Force Pwr > Enabled
But it's not working, any idea?

Hi there! It's me again
Well The thunderbolt card was connected but I realized when I connect a usb to the usb hub this is not recognized...
I did these steps:
For those who have GC-Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCI-e card:
  • Advanced Mode > Settings > Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration > Thunderbolt Boot Support > Boot Once
  • Advanced Mode > Settings > Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration > Security Level > No Security
  • Advanced Mode > Settings > Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration > Discrete Thunderbolt Configuration > GPIO3 Force Pwr > Enabled
But it's not working, any idea?

The internal USB2 headers are disabled in my EFI folders. If you want them active, you will have to re-do the USB ports kext on your own. But why would you want to waste the Thunderbolt ports for USB2 devices???

The F_USB 2 is needed to connect the adapter card to provide bluetooth connection, and the other one is used to connect the thunderbolt card... Should I connect them in another way?

The usb hub is just to have available more usb ports, could I do it this?

The F_USB 2 is needed to connect the adapter card to provide bluetooth connection, and the other one is used to connect the thunderbolt card... Should I connect them in another way?

It's entirely up to you which ports you want to enable. You just have to keep the total number of ports enabled to 15 or less. This is a macOS limitation.

I thought if I connect a usb hub to the thunderbolt port I was able to have more ports..

I thought if I connect a usb hub to the thunderbolt port I was able to have more ports..

Yes, first you would have to enable the USB2 that is passed through from the Thunderbolt card.

But it's weird because I disconnect the F_USB1 of my wifi adapter card to connect the usb of the Thunderbolt and USB ports(usb hub) are not work either

Back