Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

This is what I see on the boot screen, not even the correct disk appears. I imagined that the disk could be this "macOS installer" that appears in the photo, but it gets stuck on the apple logo.

View attachment 496867

What is the name of your main system volume?

"macOS Installer" can be (1) your USB macOS installer or (2) your main system volume in the middle of a macOS update.

Please boot in verbose mode and post a photo of where it gets stuck. You can invoke verbose mode by holding Command+v when selecting the volume to boot from at the OpenCore boot menu.

Here's a link for a tool to help with creating custom PowerPlay Table for 5700 XT. I haven't seen one for 5600 XT but I guess you can ask for help there.
Thanks for all , Can you install big on your efi folder?

Thanks for all , Can you install big on your efi folder?

Yeah. I've been on Big Sur on all my builds since the day it was released.

There is no special handling to do except to launch the update ??

There is no special handling to do except to launch the update ??

Yeah. I just updated from System Preferences > Software Update and walked away. I did it this way on all my builds.

there is no need to put a clover or kexts day?

if so, how does your procedure work? Even though I looked on the forum, I found nothing clear,

ditto for the installation of themes on clover nothing very clear

am a bit naughty

there is no need to put a clover or kexts day?

if so, how does your procedure work? Even though I looked on the forum, I found nothing clear,

ditto for the installation of themes on clover nothing very clear

am a bit naughty

I have everything pre-configured in my EFI folders. Just copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of your drive.

I have never posted instructions on how to modify themes. There must be some instructions somewhere on the forum...

What is the name of your main system volume?

"macOS Installer" can be (1) your USB macOS installer or (2) your main system volume in the middle of a macOS update.

Please boot in verbose mode and post a photo of where it gets stuck. You can invoke verbose mode by holding Command+v when selecting the volume to boot from at the OpenCore boot menu.

I have everything resolved now. I did a fresh installation of Big Sur (with your EFI opencore). I had some bugs before and thought it was better to reinstall.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Good evening, after a few tries I managed to update on Big Sur, however I have a question I have to choose the preboot volume, otherwise it will not boot I have an error message and restart

Good evening, after a few tries I managed to update on Big Sur, however I have a question I have to choose the preboot volume, otherwise it will not boot I have an error message and restart

I think that's a known Clover issue.

Back