Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I have never experienced this. DRM works fine when using iMacPro1,1 system definition and App Store works fine regardless of which system definition I use. I use quite a few apps from the App Store and I'm able to use them across all my systems.

This is how my config.plists are configured:
View attachment 451770
View attachment 451771
I have both UUID and MLB filled. MLB with the Motherboard serial.
I never had an issue downloading from the AppStore but it doesn't work.
I tried shikivga=80, it made no difference.
Does the WiFi module have anything to do with having the AppStore work?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Clean your NVRAM. Recently, I have the same problem and cleaning the NVRAM fixed my AppStore download issue.

I am using mechanical switch that routes power to one or other SSD power supply cable that is my mechanical dual boot :) 100% isolated, I just made it from old SATA power spliting cable and one double switch (for 5V and 12V)

Nice benchmarks results from the 5700 XT.

Thanks. I am using the cards' performance BIOS. :) Unfortunately it looks like I'm running into a buggy driver issue though. I have had 3 panics following watching videos in VLC (but not during so far). I googled the process that caused them all: VTDecoderXPCServ and found on ******. Apparently this is happening in real Mac Pro's too at the moment.

I don't understand what you mean by "chainload Windows Boot Manager".

Ah, I meant redirect to Windows' built in bootloader, rather than OpenCore booting Windows. Someone posted on ****** about this fork of Opencore that doesn't pass on the spoofed serial numbers that causes Windows license problems. I guess it'd be a simple substitution of the main files & a small edit of the config.plist?

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
I figured it out. Reason was showing: XDCI CNVW. Turns out it's my crappy temporary mouse. I click on sleep, immediately disconnect the mouse and it sleeps properly. Plugging it in while sleeping even wakes it up. Ordering a magic mouse now :lol:

Clean your NVRAM. Recently, I have the same problem and cleaning the NVRAM fixed my AppStore download issue.
There's no native NVRam. Should I clean the non-native NVRam?

Hi all,

I changed my build a little bit:
1. added a discrete GPU (Sapphire RX580 8GB)
-> everything works just fine, but I'm wondering should I alter my EFI (I was on integrated intel GPU before)?
2. Installed windows10 on separate ssd
-> I was struggling with installation itself, but finally succeeded (needed to disconnect all other drives, and copy installation files on the target SSD - so during installation only one storage device was present)

macOS is working great.
Sidecar started working by wifi :O

Have issue with Wake On Lan - have anyone experience wit this? It seems not working.
Either by integrated LAN or by Wifi (BCM94360CS2 wifi/bt card connected to PCI-E + USB).

No one using the Z390 has the native NVRAM, including me. ;)

Thanks.

I have never filled out the Custom UUID or MLB fields. I followed P1LGRIM's guide from my first hackintosh and continue to do so today and have never had any issues.

Nowadays, I try to avoid using the "shikigva" boot arguments. They seem to get increasingly "hacky".

Wi-Fi module should not affect App Store. Systems without Wi-Fi cards are able to connect to App Store.

Check System Information > Network. Make sure that your motherboard ethernet is "en0".

Thanks. I am using the cards' performance BIOS. :) Unfortunately it looks like I'm running into a buggy driver issue though. I have had 3 panics following watching videos in VLC (but not during so far). I googled the process that caused them all: VTDecoderXPCServ and found on ******. Apparently this is happening in real Mac Pro's too at the moment.

Ah, I meant redirect to Windows' built in bootloader, rather than OpenCore booting Windows. Someone posted on ****** about this fork of Opencore that doesn't pass on the spoofed serial numbers that causes Windows license problems. I guess it'd be a simple substitution of the main files & a small edit of the config.plist?

I figured it out. Reason was showing: XDCI CNVW. Turns out it's my crappy temporary mouse. I click on sleep, immediately disconnect the mouse and it sleeps properly. Plugging it in while sleeping even wakes it up. Ordering a magic mouse now :lol:

Yes, as I mentioned in post #3, there are still some issues with the Navi drivers. I expect Apple to fix these sooner rather than later.

Yes, I know about the NDK fork of OpenCore. I haven't experimented with it yet because I think it's too early in OpenCore's development to start forking it. OpenCore is still a bit of a moving target with lots of changes with each major release. For now, I will stay with the mainline OpenCore.

If you really want to boot Windows from the Windows bootloader, you can just use the BIOS boot menu (spam F12 after powering system on). I usually boot Windows this way rather than going through Clover or OpenCore.

What brand/model of mouse was causing the issue?

You haven't applied the NVRAM fix? Everything works A LOT better with NVRAM.

Back