Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Pastrychef, a few days ago I tried with @BIOS to save the original default image (Gigabyte Ultra Durable in my case), but it didn't work. Maybe I didn't do it the right way...

Pastrychef, a few days ago I tried with @BIOS to save the original default image (Gigabyte Ultra Durable in my case), but it didn't work. Maybe I didn't do it the right way...

Ah... Okay. Not a big deal. Maybe I'll just try to extract the original image from a clean BIOS. Thanks!

Awesome! I love the Happy Mac!!

Did you save a copy of the original defualt image? If yes, can you please post it? TIA!
Somehow I didn’t know about F9 to boot to recovery. I learned that from these graphics! But when I do it it boots into Clover even though I switched to OC when 0.6.2 came out. Is it booting to recovery of the default drive? How do I get OC there? Also, once I use F9 subsequent boot also go to recovery even with no key press. Is that normal?

Somehow I didn’t know about F9 to boot to recovery. I learned that from these graphics! But when I do it it boots into Clover even though I switched to OC when 0.6.2 came out. Is it booting to recovery of the default drive? How do I get OC there? Also, once I use F9 subsequent boot also go to recovery even with no key press. Is that normal?

I don't think there's any function to F9 anymore.

Well it did something. I held F9 and a Clover boot screen came up with Recovery as the default option. I’m not even sure where I still have Clover. I dig deeper when I can.

The manual says F9 is for "System Information".

This is what I have so far. My monitor is 1920 x 1200 and I think you're right. The image loaded just fine.

The Mac is a bit big. I need to work on it a bit. Also, I wish I could get rid of the Gigabyte text that loads at the bottom.... hmmmm.....

Although I love the retro Happy Mac, I just can't get past the Gigabyte text that appears in the little black rectangle at the bottom. I may put a black strip at the top and bottom.

In the meantime, I've just been using the white Apple on black background. It looks good with the Gigabyte text, and then when I boot to Windows, the spinning dots look better on the black background.

When I take out the "Show Picker" option in OC, it looks really good with the Apple splash screen that PC has in the OC EFI's. The computer POSTs with the Apple logo, then there is a momentary black out when OC takes over. Overall, it is as seamless of a transition as I can hope.

Attachments

• Apple boot screen 1920 x 1200.jpg
    Apple boot screen 1920 x 1200.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 77
Although I love the retro Happy Mac, I just can't get past the Gigabyte text that appears in the little black rectangle at the bottom. I may put a black strip at the top and bottom.

In the meantime, I've just been using the white Apple on black background. It looks good with the Gigabyte text, and then when I boot to Windows, the spinning dots look better on the black background.

When I take out the "Show Picker" option in OC, it looks really good with the Apple splash screen that PC has in the OC EFI's. The computer POSTs with the Apple logo, then there is a momentary black out when OC takes over. Overall, it is as seamless of a transition as I can hope.

I just tried this image and it still looks a bit stretched to me. The ones with the grey background from slider2k1 have apple logos correctly proportioned.

I just tried this image and it still looks a bit stretched to me. The ones with the grey background from slider2k1 have apple logos correctly proportioned.

What’s your resolution?

And how do you load the white on black image as a splash screen with the progress bar into OC?

What’s your resolution?

And how do you load the white on black image as a splash screen with the progress bar into OC?

My monitor is 3840x2160.

I only see the splash screen during the initial phase of powering up. It goes right in to the OpenCore boot picker after that.

Back