Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

My monitor is 3840x2160.

I only see the splash screen during the initial phase of powering up. It goes right in to the OpenCore boot picker after that.

Ok - I can up a 16:9 for you. I’m on a 16:10.

I meant after you pick your Mac OS drive in the OC boot picker, it goes into the white on black splash screen. Actually come to think of it, that is probably Apple’s! Never mind!

Ok - I can up a 16:9 for you. I’m on a 16:10.

I meant after you pick your Mac OS drive in the OC boot picker, it goes into the white on black splash screen. Actually come to think of it, that is probably Apple’s! Never mind!

Here are a couple at 16:9. I'd be surprised if it can load the 4K one!

Attachments

• Apple boot screen 3840 x 2160.jpg
    Apple boot screen 3840 x 2160.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Apple boot screen 1920 x 1080.jpg
    Apple boot screen 1920 x 1080.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 63
Here are a couple at 16:9. I'd be surprised if it can load the 4K one!

Thanks. I'll give it a shot a little later. :thumbup:

Having spent way too much time on this today.....

I present The Happy Mac Splash screen for the Gigabyte logo! With true 1-bit Mac goodness on a light grey background and beveled corners. Just like the original Macintosh boot screen. To leave room for the Gigabyte text at the bottom, there is a black strip.

The size of the Mac feels right to me. The next step down would be the original size which I think would be too small for these modern screens.

Available in 16:10 (1920 x 1200) or 16:9 (1920 x 1080)

Attachments

• Happy Mac Splash 1920 x 1080.jpg
    Happy Mac Splash 1920 x 1080.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Happy Mac Splash 1920 x 1200.jpg
    Happy Mac Splash 1920 x 1200.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 68
The manual says F9 is for "System Information".
That F9 is after you're in BIOS. I meant a key during POST.

But in any event it doesn't look like it matters to us. Apparently this is for Gigabyte branded systems like laptops and of course only for Windows. If you care see https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/2566.

I still had Clover on an EFI on one of my internal hard drives (not my normal boot). I have no idea how or why it booted from there after pressing F9 and I have not been able to reproduce it since.

On a second note I tried to get the default Gigabyte BIOS image for you but I've noticed that the "Backup Current Image" feature doesn't save anything at least not for me.

Hello, first of all I wanted to thank you for the tutorial, it is very well explained. I am French. I use Google translator, but it didn't cause me any problem.
I have sensitively the same configuration as you, except that I have a problem regarding the fenvi T919 wifi card, it works perfectly under Windows 10, but under Catalina from time to time I have disconnection ... that's enough random .
If you have an idea ?

My configuration:

catalina 10.15.7
i5 9600KF
gigabyte m gaming
16gb crucial lpx
Saphire rx5600XT
fenvi t919
2 NVME CRUCIAL 500GB

A unify dongle from Logitech, maybe the problem?

Thank you in advance :thumbup:

Hello, first of all I wanted to thank you for the tutorial, it is very well explained. I am French. I use Google translator, but it didn't cause me any problem.
I have sensitively the same configuration as you, except that I have a problem regarding the fenvi T919 wifi card, it works perfectly under Windows 10, but under Catalina from time to time I have disconnection ... that's enough random .
If you have an idea ?

My configuration:

catalina 10.15.7
i5 9600KF
gigabyte m gaming
16gb crucial lpx
Saphire rx5600XT
fenvi t919
2 NVME CRUCIAL 500GB

A unify dongle from Logitech, maybe the problem?

Thank you in advance :thumbup:

If the T919 works well in Windows, it should also work well in macOS. The EFIs do not have any special configurations for Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

well that's what amazes me, there is not something that can generate at the level of m2 ports use and pci ports ??

well that's what amazes me, there is not something that can generate at the level of m2 ports use and pci ports ??

Sorry. I don't understand the question...

The M.2 (M key) ports are basically just PCI-e slots in a different form factor. You can use the M.2 (M key) slots for a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card with the correct adaptor.

sorry I have a little trouble with the translations, in fact my wifi card I did not have the choox to put it on the last pci-e port, while on your tutorial you indicate to have to put it on the last one pci x1, is the problem there?

Back