Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I was finally able to try this out. It worked as advertised but I found the image that Inqnuam posted to be too pixelated and stretched. So I tried the "GigabyteSplashClean_800x600.bmp" posted by slider2k1 here and now my splash screen looks like:

View attachment 493770

The image doesn't take up the whole screen so it leaves black borders all around but it still looks really cool and I love it. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for this! This is going to send me down another rabbit hole this weekend. I'm going to use my photoshop skills to make a 1-bit image of the original Happy Mac for my splash screen! :D

Thanks for this! This is going to send me down another rabbit hole this weekend. I'm going to use my photoshop skills to make a 1-bit image of the original Happy Mac for my splash screen! :D
Do it! Post it up when you are done. I need to update my image now that I updated to F9l

Guys, if/when you guys do this, can you make a backup of the default image and post it?

I forgot to do it in my excitement. :lol:

Do it! Post it up when you are done. I need to update my image now that I updated to F9l
Not too happy with any of my creations. The problem is that we are limited to 800 x 450, but when the boot screen comes up, it "blows up" the resolution, causing pixelation. I'll keep playing around with it.....

I installed this OpenCore file which was 1920x1080. The @BIOS application complained but went ahead and wrote it to the BIOS. I didn't notice any issues so you may have more flexibility with the resolution than you think.

Attachments

• opencoreboot2.jpg
    opencoreboot2.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 51
Not too happy with any of my creations. The problem is that we are limited to 800 x 450, but when the boot screen comes up, it "blows up" the resolution, causing pixelation. I'll keep playing around with it.....

I used an 800x600 image from slider2k1 and it worked fine.

This is what I have so far. My monitor is 1920 x 1200 and I think you're right. The image loaded just fine.

The Mac is a bit big. I need to work on it a bit. Also, I wish I could get rid of the Gigabyte text that loads at the bottom.... hmmmm.....

Attachments

• Happy Mac 1-bit Splash.jpg
    Happy Mac 1-bit Splash.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
This is what I have so far. My monitor is 1900 x 1200 and I think you're right. The image loaded just fine.

The Mac is a bit big. I need to work on it a bit. Also, I wish I could get rid of the Gigabyte text that loads at the bottom.... hmmmm.....

Awesome! I love the Happy Mac!!

Did you save a copy of the original defualt image? If yes, can you please post it? TIA!

Awesome! I love the Happy Mac!!

Did you save a copy of the original defualt image? If yes, can you please post it? TIA!
I didn't :( I was so excited to change the logo....

I didn't :( I was so excited to change the logo....

Same here. Lmao.

Not a big deal... I'm pretty sure we can extract it from the BIOS file if we had to...

Back