Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 61
Okay. I think I found the problem. Please try with this EFI.

Sorry, still no luck. Same effect: connecting usb drive to USB 3.1 port works fine, using other ports - nothing happens.

I'm done for today(night), I'check again tomorrow. Thanks for your support!

Sorry, still no luck. Same effect: connecting usb drive to USB 3.1 port works fine, using other ports - nothing happens.

I'm done for today(night), I'check again tomorrow. Thanks for your support!

Please post your EFI again and your IORegistryExporer output.

Attachments

• ioreg_hubc_v3.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 73
  • EFI_hubc_v3.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 54
My first hack since 2008!

Thanks pastrychef, I have a working Hack after weeks of struggle, I finally found your OpenCore EFI! System seems stable for a few days.

Specs are as follows: i5-9600k overclocked with 'Advanced' Profile - Geekbench Single core: 1181 (slightly below reference score of 1252) Multi core - 6290 (above reference 5620)

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming - MSR unlocked, F9g (odd bug keeps turning my BIOS language to French! Tried reflashing to no avail)

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz (works fine on XMP 1)

iMacPro1,1
iGPU Disabled.

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT - connected to Acer 27inch XV273K 4K monitor - initially it ran as 60Hz but got 119Hz working! Unigine Heaven is perfectly smooth at 4K on ultra. My 50' 4K Hisense TV also works flawlessly with HDMI on 60Hz. OpenCL score: 58585 , Metal Score: 52968

(I was having problems with graphical slowdowns but somehow fixed it after reinstalling MacOS a few times - finally without my Logitech g502 mouse. If anyone uses this or similar mouse, try a different mouse! Mine oddly causes skipping/glitching when moving the mouse, not sure if it was causing my other graphical slowdowns too)

TP-Link Archer T9E Wifi works flawlessly (plugged into PCIEX4 due to the GFX card blocking both of the above slots, but works with pastrychef's EFI just the same)
ASUS USB-BT400 works but can be unreliable. Works best when plugged into one of the F_USB30 ports.

2x 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus - one for macOS, one for Windows
1TB Crucial SATA SSD for Win10 gaming
(both Windows drives unmounted/read only by default with Paragon NTFS)
6TB WD Blue - partitioned as 1TB APFS for Time Machine, 1TB APFS as Mac Storage & CCC backups, 4TB NTFS as main storage drive mounted with Paragon NTFS.

Currently I F12 during startup to avoid starting Windows with OpenCore and getting the Bootcamp experience, but would be interested if it's possible to chainload Windows Boot Manager instead.

Strangely my Time Machine icon switched to looking like an internal HDD but maybe that's because it is...

One other issue I notice is if I try to sleep it, it sleeps but immediately wakes up - same USB issue as a previous poster in this thread. Will update if I find a solution.

Thanks again pastrychef and all contributors to this thread! I can start producing music/editing videos now :)

Last edited:
Please try this.

Good day!

Tried, again: usb3 drive not working :(

Posting EFI and ioreg.

sevenlions said:
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming - MSR unlocked, F9g (odd bug keeps turning my BIOS language to French! Tried reflashing to no avail)
Same here! Quite annoying :)

Attachments

• EFI_v4.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 59
  • ioreg_hubc_v4.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 56
My first hack since 2008!

Thanks pastrychef, I have a working Hack after weeks of struggle, I finally found your OpenCore EFI! System seems stable for a few days.

Specs are as follows: i5-9600k overclocked with 'Advanced' Profile - Geekbench Single core: 1181 (slightly below reference score of 1252) Multi core - 6290 (above reference 5620)

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz (works fine on XMP 1)

iMacPro1,1
iGPU Disabled.

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT - connected to Acer 27inch XV273K 4K monitor - initially it ran as 60Hz but got 119Hz working! Unigine Heaven is perfectly smooth at 4K on ultra. My 50' 4K Hisense TV also works flawlessly with HDMI on 60Hz. OpenCL score: 58585 , Metal Score: 52968

(I was having problems with graphical slowdowns but somehow fixed it after reinstalling MacOS a few times - finally without my Logitech g502 mouse. If anyone uses this or similar mouse, try a different mouse! Mine oddly causes skipping/glitching when moving the mouse, not sure if it was causing my other graphical slowdowns too)

TP-Link Archer T9E Wifi works flawlessly (plugged into PCIEX4 due to the GFX card blocking both of the above slots, but works with pastrychef's EFI just the same)
ASUS USB-BT400 works but can be unreliable. Works best when plugged into one of the F_USB30 ports.

2x 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus - one for macOS, one for Windows
1TB Crucial SATA SSD for Win10 gaming
(both Windows drives unmounted/read only by default with Paragon NTFS)
6TB WD Blue - partitioned as 1TB APFS for Time Machine, 1TB APFS as Mac Storage & CCC backups, 4TB NTFS as main storage drive mounted with Paragon NTFS.

Currently I F12 during startup to avoid starting Windows with OpenCore and getting the Bootcamp experience, but would be interested if it's possible to chainload Windows Boot Manager instead.

Strangely my Time Machine icon switched to looking like an internal HDD but maybe that's because it is...

One other issue I notice is if I try to sleep it, it sleeps but immediately wakes up - same USB issue as a previous poster in this thread. Will update if I find a solution.

Thanks again pastrychef and all contributors to this thread! I can start producing music/editing videos now :)

Nice benchmarks results from the 5700 XT.

I don't understand what you mean by "chainload Windows Boot Manager".

The Time Machine icon is sporadic... Sometimes, I get the Time Machine icon and, other times, I get the generic internal hard drive icon. I don't know what causes this.

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 64
Please try this one.

Hi pastrychef, tried it and yes, usb3 driver are working fine! :clap: All USB 3 ports, as well as USB-C and USB 3.1 port.

..but I also noticed that sidecar feature stopped working (worked before) tried by wifi and by cable, and more: when I connect my iPad or my iPhone by cable they are not showing in finder at all! I tried various ports and both my cables (one USB-A to lightning and one USB-C to Lightning)

edit (more details):
Sidecar option is visible in settings, and I can see my iPad in AirPlay menu. When I click to connect to it, after a while it says: device is timed out.

edit2:
My iPad disappeared from AirPlay menu, and AirPlay itself is working (to AppleTV) BUT I had to enter pin to connect - never happened before. So I'm starting to think that this connectivity issue may be iCloud related.. something with 'trusting' Mac-hack device?

So many, many thanks to you pastrychef for your time and support!
And maybe still you can try to tweak something to make iPad/iPhone work?

Last edited:
Back