Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hello.
I'm on Mojave.
I'm using OpenCore with the attached EFI with iGPU.
My dedicated GPU just arrived, haven't installed it yet.
How should I modify the EFI to be able to use the dGPU? thanks

Replace your existing config.plist with the attached one.
Shut down.
Plug in your dGPU.
Power up and go in to BIOS.
Disable your IGPU.
Save and reboot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.2 KB · Views: 37
Quick update on my previous post: I just rebooted the computer and that suddenly allowed me to make changes to the config.plist using Xcode. So that's done.

However yesterday I began to experience problems with the BIOS posting when booting up. Frequently, the BIOS wouldn't post at all and after waiting 30 seconds I'd hard power cycle the computer only to have the same problem.

Eventually, the computer will boot but only after 5-8 tries. And sometimes it does POST, but the computer then freezes.

Could this be a problem with the firmware that I'm currently using (F9g)? Thanks!

Quick update on my previous post: I just rebooted the computer and that suddenly allowed me to make changes to the config.plist using Xcode. So that's done.

However yesterday I began to experience problems with the BIOS posting when booting up. Frequently, the BIOS wouldn't post at all and after waiting 30 seconds I'd hard power cycle the computer only to have the same problem.

Eventually, the computer will boot but only after 5-8 tries. And sometimes it does POST, but the computer then freezes.

Could this be a problem with the firmware that I'm currently using (F9g)? Thanks!

Yeah. I have found that F9k is much more reliable and stable. The only issue you may experience is on first boot, you might just get a black screen. I connected my computer to a TV to be able to see the BIOS screen. Once settings are made, I never had the black screen problem going in to BIOS again.

Yeah. I have found that F9k is much more reliable and stable. The only issue you may experience is on first boot, you might just get a black screen. I connected my computer to a TV to be able to see the BIOS screen. Once settings are made, I never had the black screen problem going in to BIOS again.

What does connecting to your TV accomplish? How is it different than using a monitor?

What does connecting to your TV accomplish? How is it different than using a monitor?

For some reason, after flashing to F9k, my monitor couldn't sync to whatever resolution and/or refresh the motherboard was sending out. But my TV was able to.

For some reason, after flashing to F9k, my monitor couldn't sync to whatever resolution and/or refresh the motherboard was sending out. But my TV was able to.

And then once it did, you've experienced no problems since?

Ok, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

Remember to also try your 5600 XT with RadeonBoost.kext deleted from your Clover EFI. I'm sure that's what was giving you the graphics error.

Remember to also try your 5600 XT with RadeonBoost.kext deleted from your Clover EFI. I'm sure that's what was giving you the graphics error.

Different person. I'm running an RX580. :)

Back