Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hi @pastrychef ! First of all thanks a million for this thread!
I've been enjoying this and after all I've decided to build mine, My plan is to have a dual SO and use this one to record music (Logic Pro x) and make videos (After effects)... but I have a couple of questions:
- As I'm newbie on this and there are many terms that ain't familiar with them, what do you suggest me to start with this?
- I'll buy the components you describe at the beginning but I realized the M.2 NVMe are not there, could you write what are you are using?
- I have a AeroCool Cylon RGB case, this is a Mid tower, is this enough or should I buy a new one?
- After read many responses (not all because they're more than 200 pages :D) I read many are using i7 8700K, would it work with i7 9700K?
- About the power supply you mentioned I cannot found it on Amazon, I found this one. Just to know, what's is the limit down for this board? 600x?
- Also I'm planing to get the RX 580, I think this one could be enough for my purpose on making videos (Informative)

Well these are my questions for now, sorry for the newspaper and thx one more time for your dedication to answer us!!

• I have two M.2 NVMe SSDs in my system, a Samsung 970 EVO (not the Plus model) and an HP EX920. Most standard NVMe SSDs should work fine. As far as I know, the only NVMe SSDs that had issues with macOS were the Samsung 970 EVO Plus and Samsung PM981.
  • The AeroCool page rendered very strangely on my browser but I think it should be fine.
  • Any Coffee Lake CPU is fine as long as they are not Celerons or Pentiums.
  • Any standard PC power supply will work. There are thousands of variants. I feel that a minimum of 550W is a good place to start. You can decide how high, wattage-wise, you want to go. Less stress on a power supply can mean a cooler running power supply. Some power supplies have fans that do not run when it is running a low load.
  • The RX 580 is a very popular choice of hackintoshers.

Please see post #3 for lots of info that should be helpful for you.

Hi @pastrychef ! First of all thanks a million for this thread!
I've been enjoying this and after all I've decided to build mine, My plan is to have a dual SO and use this one to record music (Logic Pro x)

This is why I build my Hackintoshes. Although I've transitioned from Logic to Reaper I still like to use Logic on certain jobs.

- I'll buy the components you describe at the beginning but I realized the M.2 NVMe are not there, could you write what are you are using?

I installed Catalina on a WD Black 500GB SN750 without issue.

HTH
Tony

Post #3 has a lot of info on Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards. Also, the Fenvi cards are very popular among hackintoshers.
oh, I already ordered the card, I just wanted to make sure i need a regular M2 to PCIe adapter is the question.

oh, I already ordered the card, I just wanted to make sure i need a regular M2 to PCIe adapter is the question.

If you ordered one of the Apple made cards, you need something like this:
Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 4.07.31 PM.png

Last edited:
LOL!! Well okay, nice dog and all ... :)

I think the problem might be the tag because if I search the Amazon code I do find the adapter -

View attachment 485083

Hmm... The site is doing something to the link...

I just edited with a screenshot instead. Couldn't get a link working...

Back