Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
All outputs are working fine with AppleALC.kext in EFI folder, no need to set device audio ID in clover, the SSDT for HDEF has the needed devices implemented.
Can't make it go. Doesn't show up in system prefs. Everything else works great. even hot swap thunderbolt.

Got It. For some reason it wasn't in devices. Set to 11. Maybe I am doing something wrong with the SSDT.

Does Anyone have cpu temp showing in istat on gigabyte x299x?

Can't make it go. Doesn't show up in system prefs. Everything else works great. even hot swap thunderbolt.
You need to set your plist audio device id to "blank" (empty), and check the two checkboxes next to it.
Got It. For some reason it wasn't in devices. Set to 11. Maybe I am doing something wrong with the SSDT.
Default audio ID is set to "7" in SSDT, no need for setting audio ID in .plist
Does Anyone have cpu temp showing in istat on gigabyte x299x?
Yep, just use the VirtualSMC.kext and its plugins for temp reading, SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext. If using VirtualSMC.kext remember to delete SMCHelper.efi from your EFI.

You need to set your plist audio device id to "blank" (empty), and check the two checkboxes next to it.

Yep, just use the VirtualSMC.kext and its plugins for temp reading, SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext. If using VirtualSMC.kext remember to delete SMCHelper.efi from your EFI.

On the SSDT I may be missing something. A little new to SSDT. I have these three files from the original post and not showing any patch when I read it in textedit.
SSDT-X299X-DESIGNARE10G-XOSI.dsl, SSDT-X299X-DESIGNARE10G-DTGP.dsl, and SSDT-X299X-DESIGNARE10G-AORUSRAID-PC01-DRENAN.aml. Attached is My EFI if you have a chance.

On the monitors I cannot seem to Find a compiled kext for SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext. When I try to compile myself I get an error.
cp: ../smcread: No such file or directory
Command ExternalBuildToolExecution failed with a nonzero exit code
Can you point me in the right direction? I appreciate it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
On the SSDT I may be missing something. A little new to SSDT. I have these three files from the original post and not showing any patch when I read it in textedit.
SSDT-X299X-DESIGNARE10G-XOSI.dsl, SSDT-X299X-DESIGNARE10G-DTGP.dsl, and SSDT-X299X-DESIGNARE10G-AORUSRAID-PC01-DRENAN.aml

On the monitors I cannot seem to Find a compiled kext for SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext. When I try to compile myself I get an error. Can you point me in the right direction? I appreciate it.
SSDTs are in the first post in the form of C++ code, they need to be compiled with masiASL.app (you need to download and paste the ACPI code in the first post for audio or whatever device you need and compile it) playing around with ACPI tables requires a little understanding first, is not rocket science but I strongly suggest you dig a little beforehand.

X299 is a difficult platform to begin with, so I would document myself as much as possible and look for posts that might help to achieve basic understanding. There is a post from @RehabMan about ACPI patching that can help anyone with desire to learn, a somewhat "noob" friendly starter (a little dated by now but still worth every line).

VirtualSMC plugins can be found at the developer's github (same goes for maciASL), don't compile if you don't know what you are doing, just download the pre compiled stable version, much less frustrating than receiving errors in terminal.

Good luck!

SSDTs are in the first post in the form of C++ code, they need to be compiled with masiASL.app (you need to download and paste the ACPI code in the first post for audio or whatever device you need and compile it) playing around with ACPI tables requires a little understanding first, is not rocket science but I strongly suggest you dig a little beforehand.

X299 is a difficult platform to begin with, so I would document myself as much as possible and look for posts that might help to achieve basic understanding. There is a post from @RehabMan about ACPI patching that can help anyone with desire to learn, a somewhat "noob" friendly starter (a little dated by now but still worth every line).

VirtualSMC plugins can be found at the developer's github (same goes for maciASL), don't compile if you don't know what you are doing, just download the pre compiled stable version, much less frustrating than receiving errors in terminal.

Good luck!
Thanks for this. I will brush up on ssdt. I still cannot find a compiled version of SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext. Been searching for sometime.

Github of the developer, gathering of needed kext is basic task. Download release version

I know how to find and install kexts, But there is no release version in GitHub. Just the project which fails when compiling in Xcode. Sorry I am a little lost.

I know how to find and install kexts, But there is no release version in GitHub. Just the project which fails when compiling in Xcode. Sorry I am a little lost.
you click the tab that says releases which takes you here:

then you download the release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back