Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just suggested you not to compile in xcode if you are not sure what is failing... Go to the site on the link I posted before, then search the field "releases", inside releases just download the release compiled version 1.1.1.

EDIT: @Feartech just beat me to it lol

you click the tab that says releases which takes you here:

then you download the release
Downloaded and installed the kexts. Still don't get cpu temps or fan speeds. I get temps on the HD's and cpu frequency, as well as cpu processes, GPU Temp, but no cpu temps. Tried other monitoring software as well. istat v6.4

Downloaded and installed the kexts. Still don't get cpu temps or fan speeds. I get temps on the HD's and cpu frequency, as well as cpu processes, GPU Temp, but no cpu temps. Tried other monitoring software as well. istat v6.4
no idea

you will need to zip and upload your clover for someone to take a look

no idea

you will need to zip and upload your clover for someone to take a look
Thanks for the help. Here is my efi folder. Maybe someone can shed a little light.

Attachments

• 3-24_EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 66
Thanks for the help. Here is my efi folder. Maybe someone can shed a little light.
it may be due to your new SMBIOS but that is just a guess

it may be due to your new SMBIOS but that is just a guess
TG Pro shows all sensors fine. Not sure why istats doesn't. doesn't really matter which one to me. thanks again.

Hi, I've been building hackintoshes since 2007, my last one in 2016 with the GA-X99-UD4. It's time to upgrade and since we're locked in our homes, it looks like I have loads of time on my hands. But before I splash the 1400,- euros for this motherboard with a corresponding CPU (i9-10900X) onto the table, I have some questions. Up until this point I have always been able to find the necessary files to get and keep my machines running, but this looks like a different beast to master and files are hard to find, except for in this post. So here it goes and I hope someone is patient enough to answer some of my questions:

- If I download the files in the first post and install them will the machine be up and running? (will be using vega64 gpu)
- The SSDT's that are listed, can I just cut and paste these lines into MacIASL and compile?
- Does it matter how I name them and do I just drop them into C/A/P?
- Do I need any other SSDT's besides the ones mentioned in the first post?

Since my knowledge on ssdt's is somewhat limited any advice and help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi all.

Why ? When booting in clover. the machine reboots. Also my Bios is reporting 3.8 Mhz instead of 3.1 GHZ of the cpu clock. When I change clock settings it does not change anything. I updated the Bios to F3c and it's even worst now.

When booting in clover. the machine reboots Now !!

add patch

Patch 1 : find : A00A9353 54415301 replace : A00A910A FF0BFFFF
Patch 2 : find : A00A9353 54415301 replace : A00A9353 43535301

Not Work T___T

Please help me ..

-intel i9 7940x 3.1 Ghz (14-Core)
-Kingston DDR4 Bus 2666 64GB (16x4)
-Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master
-M.2 1 TB
-PowerColour VEGA 64 x 2
-GC-Titan

I have the same problem. Sorry to have taken so long to answer. Ok I still have not single out the problem but I can bypass the issue with this temporary fix.

1) When your BIOS gives a warning bios failure and in my case it gets in French language (the motherboard came from France) at this moment looks like it loads the "safe" bios. I go to Save and Exit section and Boot (overrride) I think and select the UEFI with clover. Only in this case Clover does not reboot and you can boot normally the system. And the system is stable.

2) I played with a lot of settings and after using AiBeast EFI the problem was gone. But I think when I used clover configigurator and create a new SMBIOS (new iMac Pro) the problem started again ( I cannot verify because I have a lot of job to do and can't waste time testing and testing). My blueetooth does not work, neither wifi and have no thunderbolt so I would like to put handoff and also set a USB ssdt but I am postponing it for now.

3) The settings I thought that were causing the issues were USB mass storage and USB Legacy but after changing the SMBIOS those settings seems not doing anything.

Again sorry to be so long away from Tonymackx86 and could share my experience before. I hope we can get to the bottom os this issue as soon as posible.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back