Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UP 5 TH won't wake from sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just applied the mac mini system definition under multibeast and it seems to be sleeping and waking just fine. does anyone know if the mini system definition affects or slows anything else? i ran geekbench again and saw only a 100 pt loss but then again i am not too savy with geekbench.

edit:

ah scratch that idea as the mac mini setting will not allow me to shutdown normally... it restarts instead. crazy!

i just applied the mac mini system definition under multibeast and it seems to be sleeping and waking just fine. does anyone know if the mini system definition affects or slows anything else? i ran geekbench again and saw only a 100 pt loss but then again i am not too savy with geekbench.

edit:

ah scratch that idea as the mac mini setting will not allow me to shutdown normally... it restarts instead. crazy!

Go into your Bios and turn off wake on lan(WOL) if it is on then try your mac mini profile again, this may solve your problem. Should be under Power Management. I solved my sleep/wake issue by changing my graphics card from Gigabyte GTX 660 ti to a EVGA GTX 670. Everything works perfectly now like a real mac pro, but faster. Even though both these cards use the Keplar 104 chip, there is a difference among manuafacturers, evidently.

you got it. i also read this trick along others saying that imac 12,2 is the way to go, so i switched back to this. I also read all 47posts in "alfa's up5 success" thread yesterday at http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...cess-gigabyte-ga-z77x-up5-th-thunderbolt.html which was helpful.

Apparently if you want Airplay to work you will also need your integrated graphics enabled (even if you are using a discrete card for your monitors) along with the imac 12,2 system definition (though i haven't tested airplay just yet). thanks g4sh!

you got it. i also read this trick along others saying that imac 12,2 is the way to go, so i switched back to this. I also read all 47posts in "alfa's up5 success" thread yesterday at http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...cess-gigabyte-ga-z77x-up5-th-thunderbolt.html which was helpful.

Apparently if you want Airplay to work you will also need your integrated graphics enabled (even if you are using a discrete card for your monitors) along with the imac 12,2 system definition (though i haven't tested airplay just yet). thanks g4sh!
Your Welcome.

can some one help i have a gaz77 x up5th i73770k r9270x hack when i wake i have to move the mouse over 1000 times till it wakes if i hit one click it works fin n fast how to i fix the wake on mouse movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back