Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Sandy Bridge Overclocking Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be missing something very obvious, or there is something wrong with a piece of my hardware. I purchased the recommended hardware on the CustoMac Pro Builds page. I am getting GeekBench scores of 5800 and lower no matter what I do. The system is very stable, but getting the scores of a Core 2 system is just wrong. Even if all Bios settings were at the default, I would think I should be getting in the 9000+ GeekBench score range.

Even with the Bios settings at:

Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech. - Enabled
Turbo Ratio(1-core) - 48
Turbo Ratio(2-core) - 47
Turbo Ratio(3-core) - 46
Turbo Ratio(4-core) - 45
Turbo Power Limit(Watts) - 120

I still can't get above the 5800 Geekbench mark.

GA-Z68XP-UD3 V1.3 F10 Bios MoBo

Core 17-2600K Processor

16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3 (running at 1600)

NVIDIA 9800GT

Corsair 650watt Power Supply

Lion 10.7.4

I used the recommended Multibeast installation options.

This is my fifth Hackintosh build so I am fairly knowledgable, which is what is driving me crazy about this build! Recommendations would be much appreciated.

gravitonmatrix said:
I must be missing something very obvious, or there is something wrong with a piece of my hardware. I purchased the recommended hardware on the CustoMac Pro Builds page. I am getting GeekBench scores of 5800 and lower no matter what I do. The system is very stable, but getting the scores of a Core 2 system is just wrong. Even if all Bios settings were at the default, I would think I should be getting in the 9000+ GeekBench score range.

Even with the Bios settings at:

Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech. - Enabled
Turbo Ratio(1-core) - 48
Turbo Ratio(2-core) - 47
Turbo Ratio(3-core) - 46
Turbo Ratio(4-core) - 45
Turbo Power Limit(Watts) - 120

I still can't get above the 5800 Geekbench mark.

GA-Z68XP-UD3 V1.3 F10 Bios MoBo

Core 17-2600K Processor

16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3 (running at 1600)

NVIDIA 9800GT

Corsair 650watt Power Supply

Lion 10.7.4

I used the recommended Multibeast installation options.

This is my fifth Hackintosh build so I am fairly knowledgable, which is what is driving me crazy about this build! Recommendations would be much appreciated.

Change all of the settings in Advanced Frequency Settings from Auto to Enabled. Then you have to d/l and add a SSDT.aml to your extras folder. All of the info is here on Tonymacs, and in the case of OC and 10.7.4, you are in the wrong thread. What you are missing is literally on the first page in the OC SSDT section here; Look for it. :p

i5-3570K Geek Bench Score
file.php

Thanks for the information
My setting are as follows:
Intel Turbo Boost Tech - Enables
Turbo Ratio(1-Core)- 49
Turbo Ratio(2-Core) - 49
Turbo Ratio(3-Core) - 48
Turbo Ratio(4-Core) - 47

Turbo Power Limit - 125

Intel Thermal Solution Liquid
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-BXRTS2011LC-Thermal-Solution-Liquid/dp/B006588Z7G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341933664&sr=1-1&keywords=intel+water+cooler

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back