Contribute
Register

Gigabyte P35w v2 - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a fresh patch of my dsdt and it's a lot cleaner now. Started off with your _prw usb patch and removed useless _DSM method as the first patches applied, then did all of the other fixes and patches. Overall, cut the number of warnings in half and sleep is now working.

How do I dump the nodes with had-verb? It just tells me how to list all of the options

There are scripts (*.sh) in the repo that can be used to dump node data.

I made dumps for nodes, widgets, and eapd both before sound worked and after it started working. They're all identical. The ioreg is after sound started working

Attachments

• Zackptg5’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 77
  • Patchmatic.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 59
  • codeccommanderdumps.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 76
I made dumps for nodes, widgets, and eapd both before sound worked and after it started working. They're all identical. The ioreg is after sound started working

Must be something else then... Or nodes/HDA params not dumped by the script.

Must be something else then... Or nodes/HDA params not dumped by the script.

One thing I noticed with the script output is that the pinconfigs were the default ones identical to my linux codec dump. They werent the current patched pin configs in use. Is it suppose to dump the current node stats because I think it's only extracting the default node stats

One thing I noticed with the script output is that the pinconfigs were the default ones identical to my linux codec dump. They werent the current patched pin configs in use. Is it suppose to dump the current node stats because I think it's only extracting the default node stats

Pinconfig is read/write. AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver writes over the defaults based on what it finds in the matching dictionary (in Info.plist).

The fact that your Pinconfig retrieved via CodecCommander are still defaults indicates you did something wrong with regard to AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver patching. It indicates it is not working.

Pinconfig is read/write. AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver writes over the defaults based on what it finds in the matching dictionary (in Info.plist).

The fact that your Pinconfig retrieved via CodecCommander are still defaults indicates you did something wrong with regard to AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver patching. It indicates it is not working.

I didn't actually patch AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver. I'm using a DummyHDA. Would the node dump only look at AppleHDA and not at the Dummy kext? The fact that all of my devices are showing up means that it's working at least to some extent

Also, DummyHDA doesn't appear to even work at times. When I change the one of the Resource files like the Platforms, I can't just replace the one in the kext and reinstall it, I have to redownload the kext. It's really finicky

I didn't actually patch AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver. I'm using a DummyHDA. Would the node dump only look at AppleHDA and not at the Dummy kext? The fact that all of my devices are showing up means that it's working at least to some extent

Something is wrong in your IOKitPersonality for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver in DummyHDA.

Also, DummyHDA doesn't appear to even work at times. When I change the one of the Resource files like the Platforms, I can't just replace the one in the kext and reinstall it, I have to redownload the kext. It's really finicky

DummyHDA, like any kext, must have proper permissions. In addition, the whole DummyHDA thing is quite a hack, so when you make changes, you must always use this procedure:
- repair permissions (just in case)
- reboot without caches
- rebuild cache (quickly)
- reboot normally 2x

Something is wrong in your IOKitPersonality for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver in DummyHDA.

DummyHDA, like any kext, must have proper permissions. In addition, the whole DummyHDA thing is quite a hack, so when you make changes, you must always use this procedure:
- repair permissions (just in case)
- reboot without caches
- rebuild cache (quickly)
- reboot normally 2x

The procedure works great, thanks. Here's my iokit personality with codec dump. I can't find anything wrong with it. Also, the external mic (retasked as line in) doesn't work. It doesn't even show up when it's plugged in. It appears as though my pinconfig is being entirely ignored by the node dump and it's only displaying the defaults.

All of the devices (besides line in) show up

Attachments

• Platforms.xml
    92.8 KB · Views: 174
  • layout3.xml
    12.8 KB · Views: 179
  • codec_dump.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Config Data.rtf.zip
    633 bytes · Views: 57
  • codec_dump_dec.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 4.36.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 4.36.54 PM.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 75
The procedure works great, thanks. Here's my iokit personality with codec dump. I can't find anything wrong with it. Also, the external mic (retasked as line in) doesn't work. It doesn't even show up when it's plugged in. It appears as though my pinconfig is being entirely ignored by the node dump and it's only displaying the defaults.

All of the devices (besides line in) show up

node_dump.sh shows the actual values in the HDA chip (CodecCommander reads them directly).

Your DummyHDA must have something wrong with it. I don't see where you attached it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back