Contribute
Register

Gigabyte P35w v2 - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dumps are all identical

Note that node_dump.sh doesn't dump all HDA data...

Also be aware that it only shows a fixed number of nodes. Make sure you verify it is enough for your codec.

Note that node_dump.sh doesn't dump all HDA data...

Also be aware that it only shows a fixed number of nodes. Make sure you verify it is enough for your codec.

It shows all of the nodes, the bugs confirmed in the launchpad bug tracker so I'll just see what the solution turns out to be there.

Also, VoodooSDHC also caused random system lockups so I removed it for now.

Got emlydinesh's elan driver working for the brightness keys. He implemented the fix into it. Thanks for the help!

Post details here. If it is changed, I can add to the guide.

He added the 65 do nothing fix to his driver when a gigabyte device is used and I needed to use the Dsdt patch attached

I added a quick note to this effect in the guide.

I added a quick note to this effect in the guide.

Also, I didn't even need the ACPIKeyboard kext. So for the backlight control/keyboard stuff, I have:

ACPIBacklight
ApplePS2SmartTouchpad (Elan trackpad/keyboard kext)

The dsdt patch in my previous post, and in the ssdt that defines the display device:

brightness fix (haswell)
Haswell hd4600 yosemite
rename gfx0 to igpu

I only listed relevant stuff to the backlight. Hope this helps with the guide (noticed that you still had ACPIKeyboard on there) Thanks

Also, I didn't even need the ACPIKeyboard kext. So for the backlight control/keyboard stuff, I have:

ACPIBacklight
ApplePS2SmartTouchpad (Elan trackpad/keyboard kext)

The dsdt patch in my previous post, and in the ssdt that defines the display device:

brightness fix (haswell)
Haswell hd4600 yosemite
rename gfx0 to igpu

I only listed relevant stuff to the backlight. Hope this helps with the guide (noticed that you still had ACPIKeyboard on there) Thanks

Without ACPIBacklight.kext you will not have full range of brightness levels (requires patching AppleBacklight.kext or creating an AppleBacklightInjector.kext). You will also not be able to get smooth transitions between levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back