i7-3770
Graphics
Radeon R9 270
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have most of everything working for my Gigabyte P35w v2 except a few things:

Screen brightness keyboard fn key - with both voodoops2 and smarttouchpad drivers, the both the up and down fn keys cause the screen brightness to decrease. The slider in system preferences works fine though.

Sleep - As soon as I put the laptop to sleep, it wakes up. According to syslog "wake reason", the reason is primarily GLAN. Sometimes HDEF appears and sometimes XHC1 appears next to both HDEF and GLAN but the consistent reason is GLAN.

Audio - using clover and DummyHDA, I've patched AppleHDA and such for realtek 282 codec. All of the devices show up and work for the most part. This laptop has front speakers and a built in subwoofer. The front speakers are an EAPD device but nothing else is. The issue is that after first boot and resume from sleep, both the speakers and subwoofer do not work. Everything else does though including the headphones that share the output node with the front speakers. The only way I can get them to work is after playing music though the headphones or 7 minutes or so then the speakers will start to work. I've tried both codec commander and EAPDfix but neither have had any effect.

Also, HDMI audio is really choppy. The hdmi device shows up and works besides this issue.

SD card reader - I have a Realtek RTS5227 PCIE Card Reader. I've tried patching AppleSDXC or my device/vendor id but it didn't work. I'm not expecting anything here as it's likely incompatible.

Power Management - this is the truly scary issue. The system seems to be very conservative on turning on the fans. By conservative, I mean REALLY conservative. The fans turn on a couple seconds after the temperatures begin to spike. I ran geek bench once and watched the temperatures climb 30C before the fans kicked on to cool it down - the temperature was greater than 80C.
EDIT: Windows does the same thing, guess it's how the manufacturer designed it :(

I've attached my ssdt/dsdt, audio files, ioreg, and clover config. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Zackptg5.zip
    599.1 KB · Views: 77
I have most of everything working for my Gigabyte P35w v2 except a few things:

Screen brightness keyboard fn key - with both voodoops2 and smarttouchpad drivers, the both the up and down fn keys cause the screen brightness to decrease. The slider in system preferences works fine though.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

You should work through the guide, but an educated guess is that your brightness keys generate _Q28/_Q30 EC queries:
Code:
            Method (_Q28, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
            {
                Store (0x28, DBG8)
                BRTN (0x87)
            }

Method (_Q30, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
            {
                Store (0x30, DBG8)
                BRTN (0x86)
            }

Sleep - As soon as I put the laptop to sleep, it wakes up. According to syslog "wake reason", the reason is primarily GLAN. Sometimes HDEF appears and sometimes XHC1 appears next to both HDEF and GLAN but the consistent reason is GLAN.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Audio - using clover and DummyHDA, I've patched AppleHDA and such for realtek 282 codec. All of the devices show up and work for the most part. This laptop has front speakers and a built in subwoofer. The front speakers are an EAPD device but nothing else is. The issue is that after first boot and resume from sleep, both the speakers and subwoofer do not work. Everything else does though including the headphones that share the output node with the front speakers. The only way I can get them to work is after playing music though the headphones or 7 minutes or so then the speakers will start to work. I've tried both codec commander and EAPDfix but neither have had any effect.

Remove EAPDFix. Install CodecCommander: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Also, HDMI audio is really choppy. The hdmi device shows up and works besides this issue.

Could be that Boom is interfering. Stay away from 3rd party system software until system is stable and working.

Power Management - this is the truly scary issue. The system seems to be very conservative on turning on the fans. By conservative, I mean REALLY conservative. The fans turn on a couple seconds after the temperatures begin to spike. I ran geek bench once and watched the temperatures climb 30C before the fans kicked on to cool it down - the temperature was greater than 80C.

Is this different from Windows? Are there any BIOS options related to cooling?

But according to your ioreg, power management is not implemented correctly: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

I already followed the guide on backlight control which is how I got everything working besides the up key at this point. I installed your ACPIBacklight kext and applied the patch for hd 4600 to the ssdt which contained it. I'm using the smart touchpad driver here: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/ for elan touchpad and such. I tried your ACPIDebug with the dsdt patch but IOACPIFamily kernel panicked and so I couldn't use it.

I already applied all of your recommend patches to the dsdt. Before that, the sleep command did nothing. I can't use your debug kext ry to find the cause due to kernel panic

Both EAPDfix and codeccommander do not remedy the issue

I disabled Boom while using the hdmi audio and the issue still occurred.

The fan issue is very different from windows. The laptop is fairly noisy in windows compared to OS X because of the fans being on much more often keeping the temperature cool (this is a very compact gaming notebook and needs fans on to keep it cool). What in the ioreg is showing improper power management? I am using the ssdts extracted from linux after I fixed the errors.

I already followed the guide on backlight control which is how I got everything working besides the up key at this point.

You need to determine which EC queries correspond to each key (see my previous post for guess/hint).

I tried your ACPIDebug with the dsdt patch but IOACPIFamily kernel panicked and so I couldn't use it.

You must have done it incorrectly.

Both EAPDfix and codeccommander do not remedy the issue

It is a mistake to use both at the same time. The feature I'm referring to in CodecCommander was only recently implemented.

I disabled Boom while using the hdmi audio and the issue still occurred.

Disabled or uninstalled? Did you verify it was gone by looking at ioreg?

The fan issue is very different from windows. The laptop is fairly noisy in windows compared to OS X because of the fans being on much more often keeping the temperature cool (this is a very compact gaming notebook and needs fans on to keep it cool). What in the ioreg is showing improper power management? I am using the ssdts extracted from linux after I fixed the errors.

X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded... therefore power management not implemented. You need SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh.

So what do I replace the content of Q28 and 30 with? I'm guessing it's different from what you have posted for dell and hp laptops

I installed your kext, applied the initial patch for the rm device in my dsdt and ssdt6 (which contained the igpu stuff), then applied both the EC and WAK patches.

I tried codeccommander with EAPDfix deleted and it didn't work. Like when trying eapdfix without having codeccommander installed in s/l/e, the speakers and subwoofer (which isn't an EAPD device and has a completely different node path from the EAPD speakers) did not work after boot/sleep until after I played music through another device for 7 minutes or so and then switched to them.

The issue with SSDTPRGen is that my igpu/hdau devices are present in ssdt6 from my original ssdts from the linux dump. When I use the ssdt made with ssdtprgen, I lose them so I have no backlight adjustments or hdmi output. Can I use the ssdt generated from SSDTPRGen with the original (but fixed and patched) ssdts?

So what do I replace the content of Q28 and 30 with? I'm guessing it's different from what you have posted for dell and hp laptops

First you need to confirm with ACPIDebug that those are the methods. Hypothesis must be verified.

I installed your kext, applied the initial patch for the rm device in my dsdt and ssdt6 (which contained the igpu stuff), then applied both the EC and WAK patches.

You should apply "Add DSDT Debug Methods" and "Instrument EC queries" to DSDT only. SSDT6 is not involved.

I tried codeccommander

Are all kexts installed to /S/L/E? Is DSDT correctly patched for audio?

If you want help troubleshooting, post ioreg, patchmatic output, etc. You probably know the drill by now.

Also, your codec may require special stuff (determined with hda-verb interrogation/experiments), but also realize the features have just been added to CodecCommander over the past couple of weeks. You didn't state which version of CodeCommander you tried, so let's just assume you haven't really tried it.

The issue with SSDTPRGen is that my igpu/hdau devices are present in ssdt6 from my original ssdts from the linux dump. When I use the ssdt made with ssdtprgen, I lose them so I have no backlight adjustments or hdmi output. Can I use the ssdt generated from SSDTPRGen with the original (but fixed and patched) ssdts?

ssdtPRgen.sh has nothing to do with your OEM SSDTs. You simply include the SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh as an extra SSDT to be loaded (specify it in SortedOrder).

Note: Some of your issues may be due to not specifying SSDT order with config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder.

Also, please fix your profile... clearly you have HD4600 (from ioreg) but it is not listed...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

My build signature just disappeared, just noticed that now. Added a signature but it's not showing up either....see screenshot or my current profile settings.

I'll give the debug another go, maybe the ssdt patch goofed it up.

Edit: I only installed the kext, applied the ec and rmdevice dsdt patch and it works. Not surprisingly, your theory was correct. Q28 is down and Q30 is up. I guess doing the ssdt patch too caused the kernel panic before. What do I have to replace these methods with?

I added the ssdtprgen ssdt and now the x86 thing appears so that's good. It appears to be replacing ssdt8 though, guess they do the same thing. The fans seem to kick in a little bit quicker than before but overall, not much has changed. What do I put into the sorted order? Only the ssdts?

I used the latest version of codec commander rom your github. I didn't change anything in the info.plist though.

Any other files needed than I attached?

Edit: My signature appeared on this post but not on the previous ones. What happened to my build signature?

Also, can you increase the file size limit for .dsl files? I can't even upload my dsdt.dsl without putting it into a zip

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 11.21.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 11.21.14 PM.png
    473 KB · Views: 126
  • Zackptg5’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 117
  • AppleHDA-Clover.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 86
  • DSDT.dsl.zip
    40.6 KB · Views: 81
I added the ssdtprgen ssdt and now the x86 thing appears so that's good. It appears to be replacing ssdt8 though, guess they do the same thing.

Why do you say that?

What do I put into the sorted order? Only the ssdts?

Notice how your SSDTs are loading in a strange order:
Code:
2:779  0:000  Inserting SSDT1.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
2:789  0:010  Inserting SSDT2.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
2:789  0:000  Inserting SSDT4.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
2:790  0:000  Inserting SSDT3.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
2:790  0:000  Inserting SSDT5.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
2:791  0:000  Inserting SSDT6.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
2:792  0:001  Inserting SSDT8.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
2:805  0:013  Inserting SSDT7.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
2:806  0:000  Inserting SSDT0.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
2:807  0:000  Inserting SSDT9.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

Refer to example config.plist files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

I used the latest version of codec commander rom your github. I didn't change anything in the info.plist though.

Let's start by cleaning things a bit then taking inventory of the problems. Get rid of Boom, so we have a clean audio system.

Also, can you increase the file size limit for .dsl files? I can't even upload my dsdt.dsl without putting it into a zip

Use ZIP.

For troubleshooting, I prefer patchmatic output as it shows DSDT/SSDTs as they are loaded in the system...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

I completely missed SSDT8 loaded in that weird order. I added the sort order, removed boom, and here's the pathmatic. I've been working with the .dsl files as the .amls (dsdt at least) always has the same error every time I open it regardless of whether I fixed it or not and saved it previously while those errors don't exist with the .dsl of the exact same file

Attachments

• Patchmatic.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back