Contribute
Register

Gigabyte H97, USB ports not right?

When I used the SSDT-EHCx-OFF.aml or SSDT-EHCx-DISABLE.aml table I found that all the EHCx ports were available on the XHC1 or XHCI controller, i.e. 14 x HSxx ports and 6 x SS0x ports, with the 2 x USB Hubs included within those ports.

The Intel H97 only has a maximum 14x physical USB ports, period, not the old 15x from each controller mantra. So how the DSDT is configured will dictate if the EHCI/XHCI ports are muxed or not.

If USB2 only comes from EHCI then we would need to see IORegistryExplorer in action to tell.

:)

And I can expect the same for my H97?
So, Probably I can test that with a fresh usbinjectall in combination with the additional ssdt?

Yes, the H97 has the same number of ports as the Z97.

With your current setup, check IORegistryExplorer to see what lights up when a USB2 memory stick is inserted.

:)

Yes, using the SSDT and USBInjectAll.kext will be fine.

Ok, so with the current setup, I have tested the usb2 ports with IOregistryexplorer.
HS01 and HS02 are at the front of my case (usb3.0 fysical ports)
HS07 and HS08 are the actual usb2.0 ports
HS03, HS04, HS09 and HS10 are the other active ports.
See also attached picture.
So, that seems to fit. In the next post I will show you some results with SSDT-EHCx-DISABLE.aml

Attachments

• fresh screenshot2.jpg
    fresh screenshot2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1383.jpeg
    IMG_1383.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 2
HS07 and HS08 are the actual usb2.0 ports
Then set Connector 2.0 for these ports (not 3.0) before saving !
Fill in comments !

Now, with the SSDT-EHCx-DISABLE.aml it is getting better: there is only a xhc type on top in hackintool.
When I use a usb2.0 stick all HS0xports will light green. there is always a HS11 in combination with he other ports (HS 01, 02, 03, 04, 07, 08, 09,10). 07 and 08 are only usb 2.0 fysical ports.

So, my question now is: what is HS11 and how do I have to set it in hackintool when I want to create a new usbports.kext?

Attachments

• only xhc.png
    only xhc.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 4
Do you have any WiFi/BT in the system ? May be HS11 is used by BT.

Do you have any WiFi/BT in the system ? May be HS11 is used by BT.
The motherboard has wifi and bluetooth, but I think t is not functioning. i didn't bother to do anything with it..

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2024-03-27 om 21.41.07.png
    Schermafbeelding 2024-03-27 om 21.41.07.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 4
Ok, yes, will do that. But since having now not working ss01 and ss02, i will first start fresh with usb all?
Do not start fresh.
Manually edit the Info.plist of the .kext you already have.

Right-click USBPorts.kext > Show Package Content > open Contents > edit Info.plist with ProperTree.

Example :

1711572546743.png

Cheers.

Back