Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GB-BXi5-4570R brix pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that just sit on the mSATA SSD or is there some kind of adhesive/thermal pad included?

I think last time I ordered from there for an electronics project they included some thermal tape, spark fun also sells a nice square of thermal tape, it's double sided and can support these tiny heat sinks even upside down.

In other oddness, I'm getting strange sound problems since changing my busSpeedkHz to 100000, it fixed the cpu speeds but I liked sound :(.

gtin, can you give me more info on where you got that kext or upload the file direct? I'm not sure if we're using the same one? Do you notice anything strange after changing that clover cpu setting?

Hi guys! I'm thinking about buying this little beast, but in the gigabyte product page there is a list of compatible ssd and ram. I've searched google and can't find anything, but a guy in Amazon with a Samsung SSD working fine. I wonder if I can use the ssd I want, this is a bit weird don't you think? I'm also going to install mac. Thanks!

I removed the busspeedkhz setting as well. The temperature 32C was the msata ssd. I just got the new ssd. Trying to copy things over using carbon copy cloner app.

I had an i5 Brix Pro last week that idled at 60-70C and the fan died the day after I got it. For those of you that are idling around those temperatures, you might want to make sure that the fan is ramping up because mine stayed quiet the entire time and never really sped up. Has anyone tried putting a 20mm fan in the vent at the front of the case? I don't have mine to measure because it is being shipped back but I was wondering if one would fit. It would increase airflow and also push air across the heatsink and out of the back vents which should help to cool things.

I had an i5 Brix Pro last week that idled at 60-70C and the fan died the day after I got it. For those of you that are idling around those temperatures, you might want to make sure that the fan is ramping up because mine stayed quiet the entire time and never really sped up. Has anyone tried putting a 20mm fan in the vent at the front of the case? I don't have mine to measure because it is being shipped back but I was wondering if one would fit. It would increase airflow and also push air across the heatsink and out of the back vents which should help to cool things.

I was thinking about something like this, or even building a slightly larger custom case thats more ... apple... but where would you pick up power for the smaller fan? I guess in a larger case you could breakout the power supply before reaching the motherboard and get a slightly higher wattage FSB adapter.

I was thinking about something like this, or even building a slightly larger custom case thats more ... apple... but where would you pick up power for the smaller fan? I guess in a larger case you could breakout the power supply before reaching the motherboard and get a slightly higher wattage FSB adapter.

I was thinking about grabbing one of these and possibly shortening the length so the cable isn't wrapped around everywhere inside the case. I have seen some that have 6 (and even 8) connectors for fans; that many might be pushing it for a MOBO but an extra 17 or 20mm fan should not tax it too much. This fan does not push a lot of air compared to standard 120mm fans but it is enough to fill the entire volume of the case 15 or so times in a minute. It seems that the added airflow and pressure driving air out would help to keep things cool without doing extensive case mods. Even the Brix Gaming series has a fan or two in the same place at the front right corner to help with the added heat of the GPU (at least I think I saw the fans in a review). If I get ambitious enough to take my replacement unit apart, I might have to try fitting everything in there.

I was thinking about grabbing one of these and possibly shortening the length so the cable isn't wrapped around everywhere inside the case. I have seen some that have 6 (and even 8) connectors for fans; that many might be pushing it for a MOBO but an extra 17 or 20mm fan should not tax it too much. This fan does not push a lot of air compared to standard 120mm fans but it is enough to fill the entire volume of the case 15 or so times in a minute. It seems that the added airflow and pressure driving air out would help to keep things cool without doing extensive case mods. Even the Brix Gaming series has a fan or two in the same place at the front right corner to help with the added heat of the GPU (at least I think I saw the fans in a review). If I get ambitious enough to take my replacement unit apart, I might have to try fitting everything in there.

I can't find any links to the brix gaming or any shots of a second fan, can you link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back