Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH - Thunderbolt 2.0 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad it worked for you. After a few days of use, I will say that I should revise my "working fine" to "mostly works fine".

Seems like a certain combination of activities (syncing an iPhone connected to a display USB port while playing music to the display speakers) sometimes causes the additional devices on the Thunderbolt display to stop working correctly. I have not sorted this out.

Also, hitting the brightness adjustment keys on the keyboard seems to cause the display to go black, and sometimes it does not come back until the machine is powered all the way off. I have no idea what's going on here either.

But I figured I would temper my original optimism that I had everything working on the Thunderbolt Display completely and correctly. Like a lot of things "Hackintosh" it seems to be about 95% fine.

I'll keep tinkering... or sell the damn Thunderbolt display on Craigslist.:(

Thanks for the hint it helped even if not 100% but is an improvement...i have your same motherboard and a thunderbolt display, i have noticed that often after restart the audio, camera, USB etc from monitor is not working, only way out is the to boot into windows and then back into OSX, do you face similar issue and in case have you found any solution ?

Has anyone tried DSDT spoofing to get thunderbolt hardware to work correctly in OSX?

On the Z87X UD5 TH the thunderbolt port is named

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP01@1C/IOPP/PXSX@0 with a device ID of <69 15 00 00>

On a Apple iMac:

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP05@1C,4/IOPP/UPSB@0 with a device ID of <47 15 00 00>

Heres the relevant section from my DSDT:

Device (PXSX)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero) // _ADR: Address
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))
}

Method (_RMV, 0, NotSerialized) // _RMV: Removal Status
{
Return (HPCE)
}
}

Whats the likelihood of this method working using DSM method?

Will have to try it. It is free have you downloaded?

I am wondering if the beta Bios is a problem there has not been an update for a while.

QQ I built a Windows 64bit partition so I could boot into it. I run the Gigabyte Thunderbolt drivers but I get no indication that they are recognized in windows. I have tried with the setting Unique ID when booting into Windows as well as Legacy. The thunderbolt controller doesn't show up in either OS (Windows 764 or OSX 10.9.5). I do not have any devices attached yet so maybe that is expected? (I have deleted the Thunderbolt kext as suggested as well).:banghead:

Thanks

Andy

I was able to install Mavericks after taking out the SSD and plugging it into a usb hard drive enclosure and formatting on a mac system to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). The drive showed up and I installed it. Said it will take 23 minutes and it only took 7 minutes! Still have to have the usb drive on the back in order to boot still. No sound. Digging deeper now...

Hello
May be it's late for you but I've figured it out by installing "VoodooHDA-v2.8.7" attached View attachment VoodooHDA-v2.8.7.zip
BTW I using OSX 10.10

Hope it helps

Hi all!

it's there already some solution for thunderbolt working -kexts on hot pluging?

You _cannot_ hotplug TB devices this has already been said many times. Connect any TB devices you have _before_ you turn on your computer and make sure TB is set to Legecy mode in your BIOS.

Also no devices are going to show under thunderbolt in OSX, this has also been said many times.

"make sure TB is set to Legecy mode in your BIOS" this is such important~~~~

thanks for the key point, you solved my trouble with X99 UD4/ 5960X.
thanks you.

Hi
I have the same mobo with i5 4460. Things are working, but not properly.
First:
When I boot direct and not from UniBeast, the mobo show an error code 51. Which refers to RAM. But my RAM is ok.
If I boot from USB Stick UniBeast and select then my HardDrive, everything is fine. Code is 01.
If I start from UniBeast and power on my Thunderbolt Apollo Interface, 01 jumps to 51.
The Interface is working etc, I can record trough it etc but I have this issue with 51.
BIOS is set correct for the RAM and change to 1600Mz, which they are.
I also tried with only one stick and others. But, as it is working while booting from USB, I think it has something to do with settings.
Anyone ideas?

SOLUTION:
After all I figured out, that all was a big missunderstandment. The Codes are only valid if one can´t get to the bios or no picture. If you could reach the BIOS or your OS the Numbers have no value at all.

Hi!
Just to confirm my very first Hackintosh with this mainboard, still some glitches with the internal HD4600 graphic but:

- attaching a Firewire external HD via adapter works with BIOS TB set to legacy mode. no Windows installation needed, HD needs to be switched on at boot time, no un/remount after that :headbang:

- attaching my old Motu 828mk2 Audio Interface (again via firewire adapter) works :thumbup:, switch on/off of the external interface works, full control of the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back