Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH - Thunderbolt 2.0 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I am using:
Giga Z87X UD7TH
Intel i5 4690k with intergrated Intel HD4600
Gskill 2x8GB
Apple Cinema Thunderbolt Display (connect with Thunderbolt port on mainboard Gigabyte)
I wonder I can buy Graphics Card (ex: R9 280X) for better performance when using Photoshop or Final Cut ? When I attach Graphics Card, Apple Cinema use vga HD4600 or Graphics Card when running Photoshop or Illustrator or Final Cut?
thanks
kimi

I have the same problem with the same Thunderbolt extension loaded "AppleThunderboltNHI", Thunderbolt doesn't work on OSX Yosemite but I can see the port when using Windows 7 64bits.

I have a GA-Z97X-UD7

Any new clues about Thunderbolt installation?

I have GA-z97x-UD7 TH using Thunderbolt everyday without any issue.
Maybe you have to check your bios settings...
Mine are this ones im attaching.
Hope it helps!

Attachments

• TH SETTINGS.jpg
    TH SETTINGS.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 366
Yes ou have to install windows and it's TH drivers prior to installing OSX.
I don't know if hot swap is supported as I don't have any drives to test it, but I think it is not supported (unless there have ben some advance on the subject and I don't know it).
Hope it helps.
Cheers!

So helpful, thanks! Doing the windows install now. Did you have to DL an additional drivers or just do a clean install of windows, format, install of OSX?

Would you mind if I PM you in the future? Our builds are incredibly similar...

You just have to install motherboard's Thunderbolt Drivers, contained in the DVD that comes with the mobo.
Feel free to PM my if I can be of any help.
This build is pretty easy to get working... I assembled one for a friend this week and it is working with an UAD2 OCTO THUNDERBOLT without issues.
Cheers.

This build is pretty easy to get working... I assembled one for a friend this week and it is working with an UAD2 OCTO THUNDERBOLT without issues

yes its true is working, but unfortunately without hot plugging

hi lakay, i have just built my first hackintosh with this board. and i have it for the same reason the uad twin!. can you help me get the thunderbolt going?.
i read it needed to be switched on before booting the comp but when i do that i dont get past the apple load screen?

any help would be great

thank you

hi lakay, i have just built my first hackintosh with this board. and i have it for the same reason the uad twin!. can you help me get the thunderbolt going?.
i read it needed to be switched on before booting the comp but when i do that i dont get past the apple load screen?

My knowledge may be obsolete as I no longer with with that board on my build, but when I did it you first needed to install Windows and load the Intel TB driver package in order to get the firmware fully initialized before OSX would talk to it.

Did you do a Windows install yet and verify full TB functionality before moving on to OSX?

Using an Apple Thunderbolt Display on this board (I think back on 10.9?) I had pretty significant issues with the child devices such as audio and the USB devices falling off the bus. Did not happen all the time, but became pretty frustrating for me. Never did chase down and fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back