Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if I am bumping you but like to get going here
Got Motherboard GA-z77x-up5 come with 11 Bois version Update to 12e
after reading this Forum Follow all step on the first page of this Forum to setup BOIS I am using onboard Graphic card MY CPU is Intel Core i5-2400s
Ram is 12GB 1067 MHZ DDR3

Open box it Freeze at Apple logo
After reading this forum setup Bois no luck same problem

Any Idea why

Buy a cheap card off of the buyers guide. You'll enjoy not having to worry about it.

Alfa!

Man! Awesome news! There is hope for this desperate guy!

Rick

Working on it! Might call it a night soon and pick it up again tomorrow. I've got my keyboard torn apart and need to get stock controller back in it ;)

Thank for your Help.
I tried V does not work try the other option I stalled once with other option then I try to boot my INstalled ML but it freeze then i try with V no luck then i try the next option no luck now I am installing ML again by the
way my Bois 12e

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt BIOS Version F11 - Nothing seams to work!!!I install ML using F (boot ignore caches) it works now I reboot using same option coz if I click on ML install it Freeze When I shot it down to start it later now option F freeze again no luck what I am doing wrong Here.Thank you

I think I answered the i5 2500 or i5 2400s is not the HD4000, it has the HD2000
http://ark.intel.com/products/52209

you must install a compatible video card
HDINTEL off the bios

Ok First of all I want to say a huge thanks to Alfa, Middleman, Stork and all the many others who have made posts here.

My Build

Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UP5 TH Bios f11
Intel I5 3570K (not overclocked)
16gb (2x8) Cruicial Balistix Tracer - 1600mhz 8-8-8-24
MSI Radeon HD 7850 1GB Graphics Card (Working with Kekt and Rotation Fix)
256gb OCZ Vertex 4 - Windows 7
128gb SanDisk SSD - OSX 10.8.3 MP3.1
3TB Western Digital Green
2TB Western Digital Green
750gb Seagate Barracuda
500gb Seagate Barracuda
LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L Blu Ray Drive
Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p
Microsoft Razer Reclusa keyboard
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW Monitor (1680*1050)
LG DM2780D TV/Monitor (1920*1080)
Combo Wifi/Bluetooth Card that came with the Motherboard - Atheros AR9462?
Blackgold BGT 3620 - Dual HD TV Tuner Card (not yet installed - still in old pc)
Icute 500watt PSU (Priority on my list to be replaced!)

Ok I have a couple of problems and a couple of questions starting with problems:

1) When I try and sleep the mac - it appears to do it however I can not then wake it up, the keyboard lights up (the mouse also lights up but then goes straight off again) only a reset works, however if I enable the Intel 4000 graphics (and connect an old monitor to it) when doing sleep the main monitor (connected to HD7850) goes to sleep but the other monitor and keyboard etc all remain on, moving the mouse the monitor comes back to life - I don't know what I am doing wrong here?

2) All my hard drives except the boot drives are formatted in ExFat apart from the 3tb which will hangs on bios screen if formated to Ex-Fat - does anyone know if there is a way round this? perhaps making 2 paritions?

3) Has anyone managed to get the wifi combo card working - the blue tooth works fine (though the Logitec MX5000 Keyboard & Mouse require repairing each time I swap from OSX to Win 7) - while this is not very important at the moment it would be useful when I move into the halls of residence in September as they use Wifi for the internet. If not is there a combo card that does work?

4) The graphics seems to be working well though it just shows as "AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 1024 MB" is this right? and on this vein is it at all possible to get audio through the HDMI? - at the moment I am getting sound from headphones plugged in the front socket (from windows audio goes through HDMI into TV and from their into my home cinema setup).

5) On the whole I have no problem with the audio however when watching youtube videos in 1080 or BBC Iplayer after a while the audio goes out of sync.

6) I have not yet installed the TV card yet because I would like to know if anyone knows if this will work in OSX or most importantly would it stop OSX from working? I ask because it works great in Windows and I use it a lot as a PVR being in 1 room

7) as a side note which is the best System Definition to use? I only ask this as doing a Cinebench benchmark came up with a considerably higher score in Windows than OSX

8) Finally for future reference does Crossfire work in OSX - I ask because when not studying I do like playing games so would like to get another 7850 or 7870 for Christmas but don't want it to hamper the system.

Thanks again for all your help everyone

Sels

I apologise for noobishness this is my first hack and it's been a long time since using MacOS (my old mac was a Mac IIci) and changed to Windows because of College and work.

standby is difficult on this mainboard I must disable the USB 3.0 on mine to make it work

the wireless card is not compatible, you have replaced the wifi card on the pcie card, Atheros AR5B195 see for example works on ebay

for sound I use a mini jack / usb adapter that works well

Very Nice Alfa!!!

I'm really waiting for the updated guide for 10.8.3 too! (as well as the 10.8.4 obviously ; )

Is it much more tricky to do a fresh install of 10.8.3 with the integrated HD4000 only?, meaning no PCI-E graphic card plugged in during the install...

If you could give me an approximative date of release for the updated guide, it would be really great, as I'm deeply struggling with making it working flawlessly from my side since a couple of days now, without any success :(

Thanks a lot for all your work! :)

I'm eagerly awaiting the 10.8.3 guide as well. As of right now, I have $1800 worth of metal and wires.
What is the problem me it works well? ...?

with 3770 must disable the VT-D in the bios, and if you use 6.2 macmini and nvidia video card must be removed from the 10.8.3 kexts INTELHD and replaced by those of 10.8.2 http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-youtube-green-screen-crashes.html#post595934

if you have this error at startup are kexts INTELHD of 10.8.3 which is the problem we must deleted or replaced by those of 10.8.2
must do this as the installation key MultiBeast usb if you have a small multicolored spinning wheel at the end of the start

View attachment Extra. i73770.zip

Attachments

• IMG_1682.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG
    460.1 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back