Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i7 2600k - Onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to Lion today. Everything is working great with the use of the MultiBeast settings in my first post and the new xMove tool (thank you Tony for the nice GUI and play-by-play instruction). I will remove my discrete graphics card and see if the HD 3000 graphics is supported in a few moments.

No issues upgrading to Lion with xMove and Multibeast from 10.6.8.

But I did lose bluetooth syncing with my Magic Mouse and keyboard upon first boot, and it was really fussy to re-sync for some reason. Now it's working flawlessly again.

rdhughestech said:
Updated to Lion today. Everything is working great with the use of the MultiBeast settings in my first post and the new xMove tool (thank you Tony for the nice GUI and play-by-play instruction). I will remove my discrete graphics card and see if the HD 3000 graphics is supported in a few moments.

That's awesome!

Could you possibly post an updated guide on exactly how you did it?

Thanx!

Is it possible to do a clean install of OS X Lion without an upgrade?

Onboard Ethernet

Anyone else having difficulty getting the onboard Ethernet for this working with ANY driver, whether it be Lnx2Mac's or the official Realtek ones? I know the current version of Lnx2Mac's Realtek drivers likely do not support the newer hardware revision I have of the 8111E. Everything else works fine in 10.6.8, USB, etc. No matter how many times I try installing the official drivers from the official realtek installer or from multibeast I never get connect. The system sees the port in network pref's but it's no bueno for connectivity. Connection works at rated speeds in win7, which I dual boot with a separate dedicated HD.

Thanks for the guide. Everything worked perfect but no sound, internet, or sleep but I have links that should help me fix that. Well, no internet since I need to go wireless so I will build that airport thing for that. No sound because i need to figure it out and sleep...well... I think I will get a graphics card first then I will figure out the other parts, no rush.

I did a Lion update today. No problems!! In fact it was way too easy!

Although, I never could get the machine to wake up from sleep , even in 10.6.7 and 10.6.8. Other than that, i'm a happy Mac OS X user. :D

Max91 said:

Although, I never could get the machine to wake up from sleep , even in 10.6.7 and 10.6.8. Other than that, i'm a happy Mac OS X user. :D

I have been able to wake from sleep with my slightly different mobo. I wonder if it's a settings thing in BIOS? Did you click on optimized settings in bios? I did and my 10.6.8 works with sleep.

On a side note, I'm probably going to take the Lion plunge after I get another hdd to backup my current OSX install. I also want to dual boot win 7 so I wonder if I can dual boot with Lion and win 7? Will it be the same as the instructions for 10.6.8? I have to check the blog to see if there is an update for Lion and dual boot with win 7. Hopefully it's the same.

Great guide! I got my first hackintosh working today within a couple of hours following 'hdhughestech' and 'Gordo74' guides.

I had the Safari freeze and fixed it by uninstalling/reinstalling flash. The only major problem I had was with the 'Post Install configuration' in the hdhughestech guide:

I didn't see the "Z68 Auto Patcher" and I also didn't see the 'Post Installation Folder'.. so I didn't get to put in the DSDT for my motherboard. I also didn't get to do the Optional Post Install.

How do I check to make sure everything is ok before I try and install Lion?

SPECS:

CPU: Intel i2500k
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 (F3)
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaw X 1600
SSD: Crucial C300
Scythe Samurai Zz cooler

(Waiting on bluetooth adapter for apple wireless keyboard and trackpad).

initalBoss said:
Max91 said:

I have been able to wake from sleep with my slightly different mobo. I wonder if it's a settings thing in BIOS? Did you click on optimized settings in bios? I did and my 10.6.8 works with sleep.

On a side note, I'm probably going to take the Lion plunge after I get another hdd to backup my current OSX install. I also want to dual boot win 7 so I wonder if I can dual boot with Lion and win 7? Will it be the same as the instructions for 10.6.8? I have to check the blog to see if there is an update for Lion and dual boot with win 7. Hopefully it's the same.

Yeah I've tried everything. No biggie, the screensaver works. I'll tackle that detail later.

@Esc...I think hdhugestech had a little trouble uploading the post install folder. You google the patcher or use the one in the tonymacx86 download section. just make sure the file is on your desktop when you use multi beast. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back