Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i7 2600k - Onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this build, but I would like to stick with snow leopard.

After learning that I can't use onboard graphics, I'm going to buy a card today. What is the most compatible (cheap) video card I can get? I was considering getting the geforce 430.

I was able to get my system up and running on 10.6.7 last night, but the 10.6.8 update would KP. So I was reading this post and learned that I should use the update helper before installing 10.6.8, correct?

I noticed that my system only displays 4GB of ram when I have 8. I can see both sticks in the profiler. One is shown as RAM and the other is shown as DDR3. Does that have to do with the shared video ram size in the bios? I'm not home now, so I can't check.

One more thing, my BIOS version is F8. Should I upgrade it to F10 and use the F10 DSDT?

Thanks for the info guys, you've all been super helpful.

Bump for a possible solution, thanks.

tallen said:
Upgraded to 10.7.1 just fine. Needed to install audio rollback driver from MultiBeast afterwards, however.

Here's a video of my build and install process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5mdKemJr2Y
just wanted to mention that this walkthrough was very helpful to me. I found the ati graphics package for 10.6.7 and had success with iboot into 1080p. Havent booted to the hard drive yet with the video card so im crossing my fingers and giving it a run in a few minutes.

Attachments

• ATI Graphics Update 10-6-7.pkg.zip
    15.8 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back