Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i7 2600k - Onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
"@Esc...I think hdhugestech had a little trouble uploading the post install folder. You google the patcher or use the one in the tonymacx86 download section. just make sure the file is on your desktop when you use multi beast. Hope this helps!"

I ran through multi beast a couple of times and I had my DSDT file on the desktop the second time.. I think that's why I had a successful install (as far as I can tell anyway). :clap:

I would just like to be sure I have everything working before I try a Lion update.. totally new to OSX so I'm not sure how to check everything.

I don't have the audio working.. will play with it in the morning. Any suggestions on how to test for a complete install appreciated.

Try it like this. It will only be 2 channel and use "Internal Speakers" for output.

I haven't worked on multi channel yet,but maybe someone els know how to do it.

Attachments

• audio.tiff
    46.3 KB · Views: 426
Max91 said:
Try it like this. It will only be 2 channel and use "Internal Speakers" for output.

I haven't worked on multi channel yet,but maybe someone els know how to do it.

I got mine working by just checking the first two (uses the external speakers).

Sure would like to see this thread about this particular board continue.

I have minor issues i'd like to address.

1. sleep and wake up----resets bios

2. multi channel audio----none

Thanx!

Isn't this the gizmo where you run the internal graphics when under light load, and the big boy is supposed to take over whan gaming and such ?

Max91 said:
Ok, Bios is set to AHCI

Loading System............
Boot0: GPT
Boot0: test
Boot0: error

in my case with the same motherboard, I had
Code:
Boot0: gpt
it seems that this is because my drive is a new with 4K sectors or that because my partition is more than 1 GB (it is 2GB).

so I tried to make a smaller partition. the smaller disk utility let me do is 1,07 GB.
then I installed chameleon or chimera and ... it boots !

I installed a new mobo and cpu, and upon booting I now get the exact same error...which is pissing me off roally :x

Hi, I have the same motherboard and CPU. In the BIOS, I set the SATA mode to AHCI and I set the HPET enabler to 64. However, when I cannot get the installation to work. After I plug in iboot and select the Snow Leopard DVD, the computer just restarts. Is there anything else I need? Thanks.

marius2k3 said:
Hi, I have the same motherboard and CPU. In the BIOS, I set the SATA mode to AHCI and I set the HPET enabler to 64. However, when I cannot get the installation to work. After I plug in iboot and select the Snow Leopard DVD, the computer just restarts. Is there anything else I need? Thanks.

So you can see the iboot and after iboot loads up, are you able to insert The SL dvd for install? Or Did you already install SL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back