Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, is there someone who has the MoBo Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 or the ga-z68p-d3 with Lion?
Is it ok?
Are onboard ethernet and audio adapters working?
Thanks.

I have GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 it booted ok with Unibeast into lion, The audio worked ok with basic multibeast options. I was trying to do an integrated graphics "budget build" but the resolution is fixed and very low res. Waiting for a GFX Card to arrive. I haven't tested the Ethernet connection. If you give me a few days I will update you on the status of the onboard ethernet.

Both should work fine. Audio and ethernet should work with available drivers. For the best onboars audio look for optimized alc889 drivers on this site.

I'm using the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 and everything is working great. (sound, ethernet, and Intel HD 3000)

@ejdme What did you do for Intel HD 3000? I need to boot flag "GraphicsEnabler=No" to avoid a hang on apple boot logo.

Is there an option in multibeast that enables HD 3000?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
I'll buy the z68ma for the usb 3.0 controller.

ejdme said:
I'm using the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 and everything is working great. (sound, ethernet, and Intel HD 3000)

how did you get the intel hd 3000 working?

Gryever said:
I have GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 it booted ok with Unibeast into lion, The audio worked ok with basic multibeast options. I was trying to do an integrated graphics "budget build" but the resolution is fixed and very low res. Waiting for a GFX Card to arrive. I haven't tested the Ethernet connection. If you give me a few days I will update you on the status of the onboard ethernet.

Have you tried changing your system definition to Mac Mini? That worked for me, Lion recognizes the onboard gfx.

Br0wnBear said:
Have you tried changing your system definition to Mac Mini? That worked for me, Lion recognizes the onboard gfx.

No I didn't, I gave up and got a "GF210 1GB" will definitely try it out later on just to test it. I appreciate your recommendation :headbang:

I'm new to building PCs, let alone Hackintoshs, so I applogise if I come off a bit ignorant. I just built a system a few days ago using the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 and an i3 2100 and I can't get it to boat Lion at all. It instaled fine, but when I go to boot it for the first time it goes to the logo screen with low resolotion, then goes blank for a second and then seems to fix the resolution and then just hangs. I've been on these forums and others and I can't seem to figure out what is going wrong. I've tried just about every flag when loading with no help.

I also tried loading Snow Leopard, which does load, but once I do the 10.6.8 update it stops loading althougher, with or without iBoot. Also, when I do install Snow Leopard and it runs the first time I noticed the Apple welcome video doesn't play, it just goes straight to the please register screen, which makes me wonder if it has something to do with the intergrated graphics card?

Did you guys have to do anything special to get yours running or did it just run the first time? I've reinstalled Lion 4 times now and it never loads.

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back