Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for you reply. I keep getting this:

EFI partition not mounted

Sierra/EFI not found

EFI/CLOVER folder not available to install audio

No system files were changed
You gotta mount your EFI. Use EFI Mounter v3

I'm new to hackintosh, but have experience building computers. I'm thinking about ordering
GA-Z270MX-Gaming 5
i7-7700k
Crucial 16GB Ballistix Sport
be quiet! SHADOW ROCK LP
Corsair SF Series, SF450
Thermaltake Slim Case Cases CA-1G6-00T1WN-00
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Do I have to purchase a video card or can I use the onboard graphics? I'm not going to do any gaming, just software development.

Also, does anyone have the instructions to install Sierra? I read the config files earlier in this post. Can I just use those and then follow the normal installation instructions?

Last edited:
Hi, everyone! I've been looking around for first my first build. Definitely, the GA-Z270X-UD5 is a good option.
I'm going to order:
GA-Z270X-UD5
i7-7700K
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-32GTZ TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
so I will free slots for future update to 64gb.

What is the best option for the wifi adapters?
It would be great to see full guide, especially for a newbie.
Sorry if it's off-topic.

Why these RAM?
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 MHz DDR4 - they are very popular here.

My build will have the same components - i7 7700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GA-Z270X-UD5 (here bothers me only one M.2 slot + one U.2 slot). I am sure with case - Fractal Design Define C and still not sure with AIO cooler and power supply.

Maybe Cryorig A80 and Corsair RM850 will be good choice...

I managed to get clover loading, and I used the plist that Tonymac posted on this thread. When I press in "boot Mac OS X from Install macOS Sierra" it goes to a bald screen with the apple logo and then a circle with a slash through the center shows up and sends me back to clover.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Ga-z270x-ud5
I7 7700k
Using internal graphics

Why these RAM?
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 MHz DDR4 - they are very popular here.

My build will have the same components - i7 7700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GA-Z270X-UD5 (here bothers me only one M.2 slot + one U.2 slot). I am sure with case - Fractal Design Define C and still not sure with AIO cooler and power supply.

Maybe Cryorig A80 and Corsair RM850 will be good choice...

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 MHz vs 3000 MHz G.SKILL So it will have more benefits with new MOBO and Processor.
My case:
Corsair Vengeance Series Black C70
power:
Corsair RM Series, RM750 power supply
Fans:
Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2
Noctua 140mm Premium Quiet Quality Fan

What is the best EVGA card? I'm thinking about Hybrid with water cooling. What do you guys think?
View attachment 241786

I managed to get clover loading, and I used the plist that Tonymac posted on this thread. When I press in "boot Mac OS X from Install macOS Sierra" it goes to a bald screen with the apple logo and then a circle with a slash through the center shows up and sends me back to clover.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Ga-z270x-ud5
I7 7700k
Using internal graphics
I ran into the same issue with my GA-Z270XP-SLI board. If you boot Clover with -v option, chances are it is stuck at HDI: Legacy Shim 2 error. The solution is:

1. Use a USB 2.0 drive (instead of USB 3.0 drive), or
2. Put RehabMan's XHCI-200-series-injector.kext file into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. You should already have these kexts in the same folder: USBInjectAll.kext, FakeSMC.kext, and IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Either 1 or 2 will get you to the Sierra installer screen.

Attachments

• XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 177
I ran into the same issue with my GA-Z270XP-SLI board. If you boot Clover with -v option, chances are it is stuck at HDI: Legacy Shim 2 error. The solution is:

1. Use a USB 2.0 drive (instead of USB 3.0 drive), or
2. Put RehabMan's XHCI-200-series-injector.kext file into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. You should already have these kexts in the same folder: USBInjectAll.kext, FakeSMC.kext, and IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Either 1 or 2 will get you to the Sierra installer screen.

Ok so I used a USB 2 and installed it Sierra. I installed the IntelMausiEthernet.kext just now. I was having a lot of network issues where I would lose network connection and the computer would restart. hopefully the IntelMausiEthernet.kext fixes that.

i just found the left for USBInjectAll.kext and I'll install it when I get home.

I hope someone makes an easier guide for the audio, the tutorial is too complex for a noob like me.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back