Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming and GA-Z270X-UD5 Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tested the Gigabyte Z270X-UD5 with Sierra 10.12.3 and Thunderbolt 3 port worked as expected without any Windows configuration. I used Startech Thunderbolt 3 > Thunderbolt adapter and Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter.

@tonymacx86: Does that mean you used a TB adapter card on that board? Or did you use the onboard TB 3 chip and attached a device to it?

I have already ordered this motherboard and chip and just waiting on my EVGA 980 Ti to arrive to make my build.

Hopefully, by the time it arrives, the guide will be written.
Did you have any luck yet? I have the same setup but with the i6 7600K.

Hi, everyone! I've been looking around for first my first build. Definitely, the GA-Z270X-UD5 is a good option.
I'm going to order:
GA-Z270X-UD5
i7-7700K
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-32GTZ TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
so I will free slots for future update to 64gb.

What is the best option for the wifi adapters?
It would be great to see full guide, especially for a newbie.
Sorry if it's off-topic.

Did you have any luck yet? I have the same setup but with the i6 7600K.

Haven't started yet, waiting for the GPU to arrive.... but will keep you posted.

I just tested the Gigabyte Z270X-UD5 with Sierra 10.12.3 and Thunderbolt 3 port worked as expected without any Windows configuration. I used Startech Thunderbolt 3 > Thunderbolt adapter and Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter.

View attachment 236467

As usual, however- no hot swap- devices must be plugged at boot.

Config.plist attached for reference.

Any guide for this. Im using a i7 6700K with the Gigabyte Z270X-UD5 board but every time i get to the installer it says "Can not attach disk image". Could you provide any help with this? :)

I haven't yet begun my build as it will be the following weeekend's project.. but any posted guide to installation with a X270X-U5 is appreciated....

Has anyone finished setting up USB for the Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming? Could you share your SSDT if you have?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back