Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH Error 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see i'm at F5, so can i try now and install the second RAM?

I see i'm at F5, so can i try now and install the second RAM?
No, Remove the stick you have in the system now and swap it with the other one. You will boot it with just the one stick to see if that stick boots up too. Once you are sure that second stick works on its own then you should do BIOS F7 then power down and add the second stick of memory. Power back up and see if it now sees both sticks? Note: After you've added that second stick of memory back in confirm what slots the two sticks are residing in?

Last edited:
Done that now and the second one works too. I got as well my Duet2 USB Audiocard to work!
Next step is trying it with both in their slots?

No, Remove the stick you have in the system now and swap it with the other one. You will boot it with just the one stick to see if that stick boots up too. Once you are sure that second stick works on its own then you should do BIOS F7 then power down and add the second stick of memory. Power back up and see if it now sees both sticks? Note: After you've added that second stick of memory back in confirm what slots the two sticks are residing in?
It's only working with one slot used, as soon as i add the second one it's error 55.

Confirm the slot numbers you are using and that you have an unoccupied slot between the two memory sticks? Did you do the BIOS F7 before adding it? Have a look at your BIOS settings and make sure Extreme Memory Profile is Disabled. If you've done all this steps correct and you're sure of the memory slots as a last ditch effort you can re- flash the BIOS. Warning! Make sure to consult the user manual before attempting to re-flash the BIOS.

Last edited:
Ok i'll try that tomorrows , now i'm tired and hungry as hell :D well thanx a lot, i made a lot of progress so far and gained some experience too.
Thanx for bearing with me ;)

I now got both Ram's working, they'r in the slots 2+4. What is strange though is that on my OS it tells me that they are both only 8GB each, whereas in the BIOS System info it tells me that they are 16GB each. Any idea why that is?
Now i will wait and see what the Gigabyte support tells me. Maybe i'll leave it like it is as i can get along with 16GB working on my OS.

Is everything working better Mondstaub?
I get the code 55 error in an almost similar build (except ud3 and ballistix sport LT 32 go ram), and can't figure out how to get around it. every when I install one module only, and I've tried on every ram slot, it goes in error 55 and infinite loop.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back