Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 Mavericks Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi! PLEASE HELP ME, i have this mother GA-X79S-UP5, i install maverick 10.9.3
all work perfect, but this is the problem.

i need to connect more than 10 hard disk, so, i need use SAS CONNECTORS.
when i connect hard disk in SAS connectors, the colour grey connectors, they arent recognizes it, didnt appeare in finder and disk utility.

can you????

you solve this problem??? a lot of people didnt know this, and i dont know what to do.

please help me.

i need to connect more than 8 hard disk, so, i need use the 8 SAS CONNECTORS, non RAID, individually hard disk.
when i connect hard disk in SAS connectors, the colour grey connectors, they arent recognizes it, didnt appeare in finder and disk utility.

can you???? can you try this???

you solve this problem??? a lot of people didnt know this, and i dont know what to do.

please help me.

i need to connect more than 8 hard disk, so, i need use the 8 SAS CONNECTORS, non RAID, individually hard disk.

please help me.

I have the same motherboard GA-X79S-UP5 with PNY GTX 780 and 10.9.4 installed everything seems to be working great so far.

From what i have read in other treads OSX doesn't support SAS and there for thats why it will not work.

Since you need the ports you might want to look in to a PCIe Sata 3 card like the SYBA SI-PEX40071 8 Internal SATA III Ports PCI-Express Card, PCI-e x2 Slot.
it uses the Marvell 88SE9705 chipset so I guess it should work except you can't boot from it.
I DO NOT KNOW IF IT WORKS.

please help me.
See this post.

I have a Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 and I installed Mavericks on it. The only way I can access it is by using the flags: -v npci=0x3000 or 2000 cpus=1. I found out that I needed to upgrade my bios to F4, but the motherboard want allow me to do that and said that it needs a newer bios. There is an beta F5 bios, but has anyone tried this?

Hi all,

I have a fully working x79-up4 with a 4930k and am thinking of putting in a 2680v2. I know the CPU is supported by the motherboard but I'm curious if anyone knows what else I may have to adjust to make things work. I know I'll have to edit my voodooTSCSync from 11 to 19 for the 10 core, but is that it? I am on 10.10.4

Thanks,

jb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back