2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
6578_big.jpg
Installation
Use default UniBeast for Mavericks installation guide, but boot flags are required for 1st boot and 2nd boot from UniBeast-created USB. Type the following at boot screen.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]npci=0x2000[/COLOR] cpus=1

For details see http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104536-troubleshooting-issuing-boot-flags.html
6579_big.jpg
Post Installation
6 and 8 core CPUs need a special kext called VoodooTSCSync by Cosmosis Jones of VoodooProjects. Install to /System/Library/Extensions using KextBeast or DPCIManager.

Edited for 6 core CPU with 12 Threads (IOCPUNumber=11): View attachment VoodooTSCSYNC-6core.zip
Edited for 8 core CPU with 16 Threads (IOCPUNumber=15): View attachment VoodooTSCSYNC-8core.zip

Depending on motherboard and UEFI version, it may be necessary to use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. GA-X79S-UP5 UEFI version F4 or later does not require NullCPUPowerManagement. In order to boot successfully, npci=0x2000 is always necessary. Add to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist under Kernel Flags.

MultiBeast 6 Settings
Backup File (.mb) for Gigabyte X79S-UP5 - Core i7-3930K - GeForce GTX 570: View attachment GA-X79S-UP5.mb
Screen Shot 2013-12-15 at 10.31.47 AM.pngThis MultiBeast configuration was made for the Fermi-based GeForce GTX 570 that requires GraphicsEnabler =Yes. Please adjust accordingly for the GPU you actually use.

See the following thread for details: http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html

Related:
Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 Official Product Page

NOTE: This info is subject to change.

What happen if you don't use VoodooTSCSync.kext?
If you don't use that and stick with cpus=1 your performance will suffer significantly as you will only be using 1 core out of how many you actually have.

If you don't use that and stick with cpus=1 your performance will suffer significantly as you will only be using 1 core out of how many you actually have.

I see. So basically, if you can avoid cpus=1 flag you don't need that kext, right?

What about bios version f3 and usb3 working and imessage works and do i have to download nullcpupower kext from internet or use multibeast?

10.9.1 solve any weakness ?

I done my installation on f3 but after post installation restart and it get stuck on apple logo and goes black after tried every boot flag cant solve

I done my installation on f3 but after post installation restart and it get stuck on apple logo and goes black after tried every boot flag cant solve

I had the same problem with my Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 but I got it working with these boot flags:
PCIRootUID=1 acpi=off npci=0x2000 darkwake=0

hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back