Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5 Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grom,

Thanks for the guide. I'm using the exact same hardware setup as you. I was hoping you could repost your extras folder since the link on the first page seems to be dead for me and many people. I'd really appreciate it.

Grom:

Thanks for your help, but can you upload the extra folder and the DSDT file?
I have the same hard of you exept the CPU, My CPU it´s a i7 930. The rest of the hard, the same.

Another question, your motherboard produce a sound when the CPU make a hard work render? A little sound I don´t know how it´s say in english, but it´s an a cute sound.
I don´t know if something in the soft that produce this sound. Can you understand me?

Thanks

Charies

charies said:
Grom:

Thanks for your help, but can you upload the extra folder and the DSDT file?
I have the same hard of you exept the CPU, My CPU it´s a i7 930. The rest of the hard, the same.

Another question, your motherboard produce a sound when the CPU make a hard work render? A little sound I don´t know how it´s say in english, but it´s an a cute sound.
I don´t know if something in the soft that produce this sound. Can you understand me?

Use my extras folder from this post - viewtopic.php?p=23239#p23239. It's for a UD3R with a i7 930.

The sound is digital interference that is being transfered by components being close together and not well insulated/cheap. I get it through our Blackmagic Intensity cards sound but not out the main audio out on the mobo.

Thaks a lot.
From Spain.

charies

Hi grom,
thanks a lot for this guide.

I'm hitting an issue during OSX install (I'm using the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R but now have fitted an Nvidi 9600GT card).
I can get into the installer fine, format the disk and start the install. However the progress bar on the installer only moves a tiny bit and then never updates again. I gave it half an hour but no movement... After a few mins of installation the DVD drive also seems to quiten down so it appears that there's not much happening.
If I click any items from the menu bar at the top the installer gives me a beachball. Any tips appreciated.

I followed the Bios settings, used Sata ports 0 and 1, reduced RAM to 4GB.

Using -v before the installer I saw a few suspicious lines suc as 'nvram is not supported on this system' and 'Bug: launchctl'

Any tips appreciated. I've been at this for a few days to no avail so far.

Stefan

stoem said:
Hi grom,
thanks a lot for this guide.

I'm hitting an issue during OSX install (I'm using the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R but now have fitted an Nvidi 9600GT card).
I can get into the installer fine, format the disk and start the install. However the progress bar on the installer only moves a tiny bit and then never updates again. I gave it half an hour but no movement... After a few mins of installation the DVD drive also seems to quiten down so it appears that there's not much happening.
If I click any items from the menu bar at the top the installer gives me a beachball. Any tips appreciated.

I followed the Bios settings, used Sata ports 0 and 1, reduced RAM to 4GB.

Using -v before the installer I saw a few suspicious lines suc as 'nvram is not supported on this system' and 'Bug: launchctl'

Any tips appreciated. I've been at this for a few days to no avail so far.

Stefan
You need to move the mouse every couple of minutes to prevent sleep during the install.

I think I tried that already but will give it another shot, thanks

lotech said:
Use my extras folder from this post - viewtopic.php?p=23239#p23239. It's for a UD3R with a i7 930.

Can I use that with an i7 920?

Any differences in anything from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4? Can someone sum this up? Or revise the guide assuming a fresh install of 10.6.4? Please :mrgreen: I am seeing changes regarding sleep/sound..

Again requesting a DSDT that disables "C1E CPU Enhanced Halt" as to prevent electrical noises coming from the motherboard.

pdime said:
lotech said:

Can I use that with an i7 920?

Any differences in anything from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4? Can someone sum this up? Or revise the guide assuming a fresh install of 10.6.4? Please :mrgreen: I am seeing changes regarding sleep/sound..

Again requesting a DSDT that disables "C1E CPU Enhanced Halt" as to prevent electrical noises coming from the motherboard.

You dont want to use the nullcpupowermanagement.kext I wrote earlier?

Use it together with your dsdt and the noise is gone. Anywho.. thats what I use and I am very happy with that. No noise.

@ lotech

Thanks for providing the zip, I've just tried it by clearing all my e/e files and copying yours in. Ran kextutils and rebooted, all working fine incl networking, graphics and sound (I'm currently using an Nvidia card).
And sys info now shows: 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Woohoo.

One issue remains - wrong RAM info. Sys info tells me that I have 12GB of DDR2 667MHz whereas in reality it is DDR3 1600.
Can anyone advise what may be causing this? I just can't seem to fix it. I wouldn;t care if it was just cosmetic, but I have a feeling that that's actually the speed at which its being used.

Thanks all, this forum rocks. Once I've learnt a few lessons (and trust me I have...) I'll make sure to feed my info back.

Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back