Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5 Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright now, when i try to boot up my hackintosh drive without iBoot disk, it show the gray apple screen for about 1/2 a second and then my system just restarts. how do i fix that?

Okay so I followed Hacktivist's guide, but every time I try to load SL on the hard drive by its self, it just flashes the Apple boot screen and then my system restarts.

Thanks to Grom and his guide I built my similar system (see below) with SL 10.6.3. System works fine, network, optical sound, USB all function. The GTS 250 shows up as an "Unknown nVidia card" and the best resolution offered is 1680x1050@60 Hz. It has QE/CI functionality but the problem I'm running into is that only VGA output works. The DVI doesn't work at all and the HDMI only works to the gray Apple screen. I looked at some different cable combinations in the graphics section of the forum but there don't seem to be any definitive answers there. I sure would like to run a pair of monitors. Any ideas? Would a different graphics card be better suited?

Oh, and my machine will sleep but can't be awakened, but I'm not losing sleep over that yet…

Thanks for any help you give,

kentak

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5
Intel Core I7-930
EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1024MB
OCZ Tech 6GB DDR3 2000 kit
Seagate 1TB SATA 7200 HD
Western Digital 2TB Green HD
SONY 24x SATA optical drive
Seagate 1TB SATA 7200 HD
SONY 24x SATA optical drive

Apple Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.3

lotech said:
Rev2.0 has a completely different network chipset. It is as simple as using its correct driver although it might be best to do a new DSDT for that mobo - what firmware version is your R2.0?

Hi Lotech would you mind sharing your DST for the GA EX58 UD3R, I have the revision 2.0 bios FB5 (beta), please reply to [email protected].

Thanks Tony

Hi Pandar,
My board is a rev 1.

When I ran Multibeast I used:

EasyBeast for Supported CPU
ALC889
HDAEnabler ALC889
AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xeSATA.kext
JMicron36xSATA.kext
NVEnabler 64.kext
Realtek R1000SL
fakesmc.kext
EvOreboot.kext
LegacyAppleRTC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
IOUSBFamily 10.6.2 Rollback
32-bit Apple Boot Screen
smbios.plist iMac with an Intel Core i7
Standard Chameleon theme
OSx86 Software all of these

The only issues are VGA only for graphics out put and reawake from sleep.
Maybe I shouldn't assume the I7-930 is a supported chip? Any help or an alternative video suggestion would be appreciated.

Kentak

I tried some different monitor combinations and I got expanded range of resolutions on larger monitors and found that I could use the DVI and VGA outputs to run two monitors! :D Now I'll attack the sleep issue.

Kentak

Hi Pandar,
I downloaded your DSDT and tried it out. I discovered that if I set the energy saver to put the system to sleep it will wake with your dsdt but if I click on sleep under the apple that doesn't wakeup. Oh well, I got tired of playing with sleep and started playing in the BIOS, resetting some clocking parameters. My latest Geekbench is 10,952 with OSX saying the system is 3.67 GHz. So I am quite pleased.

Thanks to all on this forum for help and support,

Kentak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back