Motherboard
Asus maximum viii Gene
CPU
I3 6100
Graphics
Evga 1050ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is my first time writing a thread, so please bear with me.

My budget isn't too much - around 600$ for a capable video editing rig on FCPX.
I need help deciding on parts, but these are what I came up with using the buyers guide August 2017:

Gigabyte GA H270 Gaming 3 Motherboard
Core i5 7400 CPU
Cryorig C7 CPU cooler
Crucial 8GB or 12GB memory
GTX 1050 or 1050ti
Seagate Firecuda 1TB HDD
Thermatake View 27 Computer Case
TP-Link N900 Wi-Fi card
Corsair 500watt PSU

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend AMD graphics card as you will be using FCPX. It will work miles better than any Nvidia card due to OpenCL in AMD cards.
Oh thanks man
What card would you recommend specifically

I'm new to the hackintosh thing
So I would like to know how to install drivers on Radeon cards as Nvidia has web drivers
Do Radeon cards need drivers?

I'm working on setting up that same board. Couple of bad things I noticed are the capacitors squeal when moving the mouse (that is with integrated graphics though), and front phone port audio is scrambled and has interference. Also I think the right internal USB2 header has an issue it didn't detect the bluetooth in my BCM943602CS but left one did.

I'd recommend an NVME SSD like the Toshiba: THNSN5512GPU7 same model as OCZ R400. Just need to use the OCZ boot utility to format it as 4096. Your board has 2 slots so you can buy another later as they get cheaper.

For graphics I went with the R9 280X because Apple made the drivers that are included in macOS. Although as you say Nvidia has web drivers those don't accelerate video encoding because Apple only allow their own drivers to do that, there might be a workaround though. Unfortunately the used one I got had a bad fan so having to replace it which is gonna be hard but at least the seller refunded me the cost of new fans.

but could you tell me how to set the bios on what car to please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back