Contribute
Register

Gigabyte build not booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Middleman,

Don't mean to thread jack, but had a quick question on your suggestion. So is it recommended to load OSX and then multibeast with the onboard video, then install the NVIDIA Drivers from GeForce (not from Multibeast)? Once that is done, then install the physical card?

Is the OpenGL3rd Driver needed for Nvidia 500 Series GPU?

Thank you for your response. Is the Intel card my graphics card and also i believe my graphics card can not hook up a a dvi wire.( That is if the dvi cable is blue with with little hand tightening screws that connect the PC to my display.)

Edit:
I have taken out my graphics card but now i dont know where to plug in my hdmi cable:-o

My display contains a dvi cable but my motherboard and graphics card do not.

Edit:
I have run different codes multiple times such as:

-x -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-x -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
-x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

All of these have resulted in the display shutting off. In -v mode the last line of code is [ PCI Configuration Begin ]. The screen then shuts off about 5 seconds later.

I have run the npci=0x2000 and everything started to work. i sucessfully installed Ml and ran multibeast to download the needed drivers. My one problem is audio. There is a driver for my board called Realtek ALC892. I have installed this and restarted, but the audio is still not working. I have checked in system preferences and have tried playing music, but all has failed. Ive hooked up speakers and earphones but still no sound. When i try to change the volume, under the volume bar is a little circle with a line going through it. ANyone know why this is happening?

I have run the npci=0x2000 and everything started to work. i sucessfully installed Ml and ran multibeast to download the needed drivers. My one problem is audio. There is a driver for my board called Realtek ALC892. I have installed this and restarted, but the audio is still not working. I have checked in system preferences and have tried playing music, but all has failed. Ive hooked up speakers and earphones but still no sound. When i try to change the volume, under the volume bar is a little circle with a line going through it. ANyone know why this is happening?

delete AppleHDA and any HDA Enabler kexts you have installed. Install the kext from the first post here http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/55638-interim-realtek-ivy-bridge-lion-applehda.html , repair permissions and reboot.

Hmmm, I ve been looking around on that post and i dont quite understand it. My volume isnt working, but i when i installed the realtek ALC892 without DSDT the volume bar was working but i didnt hear any volume. I did what it said so i installed it with and without dsdt and now im back at the frozen volume bar with no volume and a circle with line going through it below the volume bar. I dont have a dsdt and i dont know how to find the kext folder.

i believe i have downloaded a bad kext file so i am currently re-installing ML. hopefully after i run MB my audio would be working.

i just reinstalled Ml and im still stuck with no volume. Ive checked every port on my pc, but still no noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back