Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B560 HD3 Install Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Feartech, im using similar config, Gigabyte B560m HD gaming, wd black ssd, GB rx 6600XT and i5 10400 cpu.

and I'm facing exact same prohibited sign issue.
I tried updating the build signature, but the site does not have data for my config to update.
use the link above

Thanks for your help UtterDisbelief - the USBInjectAll kext seems to have solved that problem - now all I need to solve is the installer not starting issue. All I get is grey screen with mouse pointer.
Hi @kyfho , I tried USBInjectAll kext v 0.7.7 from caseSJ and added a aCPI patch in open core described in the post. but still im having same issue. only thing is im using usb 3.0 for installation. I don't have 16gb usb 2.0 around me now. I have ordered from amazon, will receive in 2-3 days. Have u used usb 2.0 for installation?.

Can you attach ur EFI folder and guide me how you got past 'still waiting for root device' error with prohibited sign?

I have tried fixes provided in open core troubleshooting section for above error. none worked.

Error : Still waiting for root device with prohibited sign.

Try the forum Search tool.
This question has been posed and solved many times.

Screen Shot 12.jpg

Thanks Guys, I used EFI Folder as it is from

and I'm able to boot the setup. Not sure what fixed it. I will need to compare both the EFI's step by step.

So after comparing EFI folders. It turned out to be that USBMap.kext from linked Guides EFI Folder did the trick and let me boot.

Okay, good news. :thumbup:

However that was a fluke. An Asus Z590i motherboard is not a Gigabyte B560M. The technical differences are many.

But... Now you are booted you can create your own, proper, USB configuration. Once done you won't have to worry again in future for the same board. :thumbup:

Okay, good news. :thumbup:

However that was a fluke. An Asus Z590i motherboard is not a Gigabyte B560M. The technical differences are many.

But... Now you are booted you can create your own, proper, USB configuration. Once done you won't have to worry again in future for the same board. :thumbup:
After some more comparing, found out I also required MacPro7,1 smbios as well, without which machine did not boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back