CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have been trying to install monterey on a GB B560 HD3. I followed Dortania's Opencore guide, created USB, downloaded the kexts and drivers that I though I needed. When it came time to install, I keep getting the prohibited sign. I cant find a ready made EFI folder anywhere on google so I was wondering if there is anything special about these boards or what I could be doing to cause this issue. I have not had this much trouble with any other MB that I have used. I think it might have something to do with USB but not sure. I have included a copy of my EFI folder in case anyone can help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.3 MB · Views: 145
Hi guys I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have been trying to install monterey on a GB B560 HD3. I followed Dortania's Opencore guide, created USB, downloaded the kexts and drivers that I though I needed. When it came time to install, I keep getting the prohibited sign. I cant find a ready made EFI folder anywhere on google so I was wondering if there is anything special about these boards or what I could be doing to cause this issue. I have not had this much trouble with any other MB that I have used. I think it might have something to do with USB but not sure. I have included a copy of my EFI folder in case anyone can help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sounds like a usb issue

best to boot verbose to see the issue

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick

also try all your ports on your computer

I have included the log file in case this helps. I think the usb stick I am using is USB 2. I have also tried in multiple USB 2 and 3 ports and get the same response.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-03-13-183334.txt
    256 KB · Views: 63
I have included the log file in case this helps. I think the usb stick I am using is USB 2. I have also tried in multiple USB 2 and 3 ports and get the same response.

Okay.

What type of keyboard are you using - wired or wireless?

The problem is most likely as @Feartech states. USB.

What happens is that when your PC boots to macOS the USB ports are all live at the BIOS phase, but then most become deactivated until the OS is fully loaded. If this happens while booting from a USB stick you get the "Prohibited" symbol on screen, or "Still Waiting for Root Device" in text on screen if you boot using the "verbose" mode.

One way around this is to use USB port "No.1" because the motherboard manufacturer usually activates at least one port right from the beginning for keyboard access to the BIOS.

You do not have any USB configuration at all in your EFI so you need to use a USB2 memory stick in that No.1 port. I would guess it is one of the two ports above the PS/2 socket on the back-panel.

If that doesn't work then you will need to try USBInjectAll.kext v0.7.7 in the kext folder of the USB stick.

The keyboard I use is wired. Thanks for the information, will give it a try and reply.

Thanks for your help UtterDisbelief - the USBInjectAll kext seems to have solved that problem - now all I need to solve is the installer not starting issue. All I get is grey screen with mouse pointer.

Last edited:
I finally got it solved - prevkbd info was wrong

Thanks for all your help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back