Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

If you can list the makes/models of all components in the system, that might provide a hint as to where to look.
Thanks

Gigabyte Vision Motherboard,
AMD 5900X,
NZXT H710i Black case
16GB (8GBx2) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz
Corsair
H100i RGB Pro XT Water Cooler (no usb)
be quiet! Straight Power 11 1000W
Broadcom BCM94360NG
republic of gaming rx5700xt

usb Wired mouse and keyboard

Thanks

Gigabyte Vision Motherboard,
AMD 5900X,
NZXT H710i Black case
16GB (8GBx2) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz
Corsair
H100i RGB Pro XT Water Cooler (no usb)
be quiet! Straight Power 11 1000W
Broadcom BCM94360NG
republic of gaming rx5700xt

usb Wired mouse and keyboard
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D?
  • What is the make/model of the GPU?
  • Did sleep work in the past?
  • Which version of macOS?

• Gigabyte B550 Vision D?
  • What is the make/model of the GPU?
  • Did sleep work in the past?
  • Which version of macOS?
Yes B550 Vision D / ASUS ROG Strix AMD Radeon RX 5700XT Overclocked 8G / Mac OS 11.3.1

its a new install so sleep has never worked. Although the boot drive has your EFI the system was installed on another build previously (it's not a clean / new install)

Yes B550 Vision D / ASUS ROG Strix AMD Radeon RX 5700XT Overclocked 8G / Mac OS 11.3.1

its a new install so sleep has never worked. Although the boot drive has your EFI the system was installed on another build previously (it's not a clean / new install)
Understood. The parts list looks just fine so two suggestions:
  • If the ROG Strix 5700 XT has a switch that toggles between Overclock (OC) or Silent/Normal mode, please flip it to Silent/Normal mode.
  • Consider installing Big Sur 11.3.x on a spare 128GB or 256GB SATA SSD. These are very cheap and should be used for making backups. But we can also do a fresh install on them for testing purposes.
    • Please use new serial numbers for this installation just in case there's some iCloud-related issue with the previous installation.
    • When the installation is done, check sleep/wake behavior without installing any 'heavy' third-party apps. It's perfectly okay to install simple utilities like HackinDROM app, Hackintool, OpenCore Configurator, etc.

@tdcam,

One more suggestion is to post the sleep log file. Although this file is not always helpful, it might also provide a clue.
  • Open Terminal and keep it running
  • Put computer to Sleep from the Apple menu
  • When computer refuses to sleep and resumes, type this in the Terminal window:
    • pmset -g log | tail -3000 > ~/Documents/sleeplog.txt
  • This will create a file in Documents folder called sleeplog.txt. Simply post that file.

Thanks - I am getting another nvme to try a clean install. In the meantime here is the sleep file. the GPU does have a switch for LEDs and Bios but this didn't fix sleep Thanks !

Attachments

• sleeplog.txt
    622.8 KB · Views: 44
Thanks - I am getting another nvme to try a clean install. In the meantime here is the sleep file. the GPU does have a switch for LEDs and Bios but this didn't fix sleep Thanks !
Can you try a different USB mouse? Currently you're using a G300s Optical Gaming Mouse, which might be interfering with sleep.

Also, is an iPhone connected? Would be good to disconnect as many external USB devices as possible.

Can you try a different USB mouse? Currently you're using a G300s Optical Gaming Mouse, which might be interfering with sleep.

Also, is an iPhone connected? Would be good to disconnect as many external USB devices as possible.
Thanks I switched to a logitech keyboard / mouse and unplugged the iPhone - still wakes up

the click is a bit loud when it does wake up - Its immediately after the lights go out on the corsair

I have an RX580 I can try with tmrw as well

Attachments

• sleeplog.txt
    638.3 KB · Views: 47
Thanks I switched to a logitech keyboard / mouse and unplugged the iPhone - still wakes up

the click is a bit loud when it does wake up - Its immediately after the lights go out on the corsair

I have an RX580 I can try with tmrw as well
Sounds good. By the way, when you select “Sleep” and not touch the system after that, does it take about 20-30 seconds before the first click sound is heard? Then it wakes up? And after it wakes up, IF YOU LEAVE IT ALONE FOR ANOTHER 60-90 seconds, does it go to sleep and stay asleep?

Hi @CaseySJ et al, I just wanted to report that my Adobe software has been working *almost* flawlessly with your latest EFI, and, unless you've already pre-added whatever kexts or such to that EFI, I haven't been running any pre-load scripts for Adobe. I have had one or two instances of kernel panic reboots in two weeks. For a machine that is currently running high resolution photos and some basic effects in After Effects, Photoshop, and Media Encoder about 8 hours a day, that's pretty stable for hackintosh.

Back