Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Thanks I don’t see GYes you're right! I was thinking of the Z490 Vision D. On B550 Vision D, GPIO3 Force Power is enabled by default. Next thing to try: CMOS Reset. Then configure BIOS parameters again
Corsair's 'smart' devices (i.e. with USB connectors) are only smart in Windowunfortunately! They cause many problems in macOS. So yes, please try disconnecting the Corsair cooler from USB header.
Thanks ok will try cmos reset

Last edited:
Whe

Thanks ok unplugged chiller but still no thunderbolt . I guess if this doesn’t work I should do a clean install ? Thanks
Please try CMOS Reset, then configure BIOS parameters again. You may also run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File --> Save As...). That will tell us whether Thunderbolt is or is not enabled.

Please try CMOS Reset, then configure BIOS parameters again. You may also run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File --> Save As...). That will tell us whether Thunderbolt is or is not enabled.
Ok reset cmos and reconfigured bios and still no thunderbolt although I was able to update to 11.3.1 after unplugging the corsair . Please find the ioreg file. Appreciate your help. Thanks I have a usbC jump drive and these ports do work (I can copy to the drive ) Bios is V13.1 Edit downgraded Bios to V12 no change

Attachments

• iMacPro.ioreg
    9.6 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Corsair's 'smart' devices (i.e. with USB connectors) are only smart in Windows, unfortunately! They cause many problems in macOS. So yes, please try disconnecting the Corsair cooler from USB header.
Oh wow, I hadn't thought of this or seen this note yet. Out of curiosity, does it matter if the cooler is disconnected at the header or at the device? i.e., unplugging the miniUSB from the cooler but leaving the cable in the header?

Ok reset cmos and reconfigured bios and still no thunderbolt although I was able to update to 11.3.1 after unplugging the corsair . Please find the ioreg file. Appreciate your help. Thanks I have a usbC jump drive and these ports do work (I can copy to the drive ) Bios is V13.1 Edit downgraded Bios to V12 no change
Thunderbolt is fully active, but the Thunderbolt SSDT did not take effect. Please note that we strongly recommend BIOS F10 only.

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.49.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.54.53 AM.png

Oh wow, I hadn't thought of this or seen this note yet. Out of curiosity, does it matter if the cooler is disconnected at the header or at the device? i.e., unplugging the miniUSB from the cooler but leaving the cable in the header?
The cooler must be connected to the 4-pin fan header, but the USB connection is optional.

The following note has been added to Post 1:

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 10.00.14 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 1.32.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 1.32.16 PM.png
    345.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Any tips on sleep? It wakes up immediately after entering/ I have unplugged the corsair usb. I have a 5900 (no idea if that makes a difference). Thanks

Any tips on sleep? It wakes up immediately after entering/ I have unplugged the corsair usb. I have a 5900 (no idea if that makes a difference). Thanks
If you can list the makes/models of all components in the system, that might provide a hint as to where to look.

Back