Contribute
Register

Gigabyte AORUS Gaming WiFi 8700k Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best you can get at this price range. Works OOB, no kexts to install or worry about.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADXZ7GS4848&Description=FV-T919&cm_re=FV-T919-_-9SIADXZ7GS4848-_-Product

I went with this card, which says it is Hackintosh friendly and includes BT. Wifi isn't a HUGE deal, since I can run a cable to her craft/office area. The BT would be a nice thing to have as well. I ordered this FENVI card.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JLK9ZNQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You need to change out the WiFi module Intel WiFi not supported). I have a Gigabyte X470 gaming 5 WiFi (not supported on this site) and I switched the module out and it works. I think I used a Dell 1550 WiFi card $20 on eBay. You have to remove the IOports shroud to get to the module. If you do this you can use the pcie slot for a graphics card.

I wish the buyer's guide made notes or was updated in some way to show what short comings each Motherboard has. I was going to go with the Z370 Z3 or something and add the WIFI card to it. But saw the Aorus Gaming wifi MB listed as well, so figured it would be a better option. Guess I was wrong there.

So You have to remove the onboard WiFI module to use a PCI Wifi module on the Motherboard? Seems like if the OS doesn't see it and it sees the PCI WIFI that would be all that is needed.

Still having boot issues as well, I can't get the drive to boot up by itself, without using the thumb drive and clover to select the M.2 NVMe 500GB to install. I went through multi-beast, and followed what I thought were the steps to get it booting, but I must have missed something.

Also, have to try to get the sound working on the onboard Creative 3D. I believe there are KEXT available for it and I can install those manually if need be. Will do more reading on things tomorrow. Too late to think straight atm.

Need to get Windows 10 installed on the SATA SSD I have. Are there things in the BIOS to be concerned with multi-booting between OSX and WIndoze?

You need to change out the WiFi module Intel WiFi not supported). I have a Gigabyte X470 gaming 5 WiFi (not supported on this site) and I switched the module out and it works. I think I used a Dell 1550 WiFi card $20 on eBay. You have to remove the IOports shroud to get to the module. If you do this you can use the pcie slot for a graphics card.
There are plenty of PCIe x16 and x1 slots on this motherboard. It's not the Mini-ITX version. Yes, it is probably best to remove the existing Intel Wifi/BT card so that the BT on the Fenvi card will work properly.

2017092516063133_big.png

I have the exact same setup... no problems with the instructions provided by this site... and it is first my Hackintosh install ever.

I have the exact same setup... no problems with the instructions provided by this site... and it is first my Hackintosh install ever.

This is my first PC build in probably 14 years and definitely first mackintosh build for me. Biggest issue I have is having to do everything over a couple hours at night after wife goes to bed. Hopefully make more progress over the weekend, and then get Windows installed on the second SSD.

What did you do for the audio and did you get the PCI WiFI card or not using Wifi?

Your profile shows you have the Gaming 3. That isn't the same board as the Aorus Gaming Wifi Rev 1.

What did you do for the audio and did you get the PCI WiFI card or not using Wifi?

Your profile shows you have the Gaming 3. That isn't the same board as the Aorus Gaming Wifi Rev 1.

I'm using the onboard LAN, but I already order a PCI WiFi card. Onboard Wifi doesn't work... and I think that's a common problem, and I can live with that.

The MB is indeed different...

I'm using the onboard LAN, but I already order a PCI WiFi card. Onboard Wifi doesn't work... and I think that's a common problem, and I can live with that.

The MB is indeed different...

Yeah same route I am taking. Wish I knew that before I ordered the more expensive Motherboard, but o well. The Fenvi Wifi/BT should be here over the weekend to hopefully give me time to get it working.

Does your audio work? That will be the big thing I will definitely need to get working as I can deal with the onboard wired LAN connection either way.

Does your audio work? That will be the big thing I will definitely need to get working as I can deal with the onboard wired LAN connection either way.

Audio does work... kind of. I installed the Voodoo kext, and mic/speaker works, but I think there's some problem with the gain... the louder I go the more distorted the audio... I still haven't fixed that issue, but I can live with that for now.

Audio does work... kind of. I installed the Voodoo kext, and mic/speaker works, but I think there's some problem with the gain... the louder I go the more distorted the audio... I still haven't fixed that issue, but I can live with that for now.
When you say speaker, are you meaning the internal speaker, or do speakers in the audio output work? I bought the Y adapter to have sound work in Windows as well as OSX.

how did y'all get it to install? I'm stuck at this situation where the installer tries to use APFS and it panics and reboots. i ran the console version of the install, and it progressed further, but it still crashed and didn't install all the way. this is the first time I'm having something go wrong during the install -- normally the installer just wouldn't boot, and I'd tweak the BIOS settings a bit, or the installer would at least complete and give me a proper warning for a reboot. I'm betting that it is indeed the APFS that's causing it, and Apple probably snuck in another place where APFS is trying to be used.

another theory I have is likely different audio chipset since this board uses Creative Audio instead of ALC like the rest of the AORUS Z370 boards

how did y'all get it to install? I'm stuck at this situation where the installer tries to use APFS and it panics and reboots. i ran the console version of the install, and it progressed further, but it still crashed and didn't install all the way. this is the first time I'm having something go wrong during the install -- normally the installer just wouldn't boot, and I'd tweak the BIOS settings a bit, or the installer would at least complete and give me a proper warning for a reboot. I'm betting that it is indeed the APFS that's causing it, and Apple probably snuck in another place where APFS is trying to be used.

another theory I have is likely different audio chipset since this board uses Creative Audio instead of ALC like the rest of the AORUS Z370 boards

Unplug the power pin cables to the nvidia card and use cursor arrows at clover menu screen. Go to Options then go to Grpahics. Set inject intel, device ID 0x04128086, then ig 0x0d220003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back