Contribute
Register

Gigabyte AORUS Gaming WiFi 8700k Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unplug the power pin cables to the nvidia card and use cursor arrows at clover menu screen. Go to Options then go to Grpahics. Set inject intel, device ID 0x04128086, then ig 0x0d220003.

I actually learned recently that the "crashes" are part of the install process and that the installation does continue on as long as you keep booting into the new system. Completely backwards and unintuitive, but I guess it be really be like that.

I actually learned recently that the "crashes" are part of the install process and that the installation does continue on as long as you keep booting into the new system.
These reboots/crashes can happen even when you are upgrading a real Mac to a new version of macOS so it's nothing too out of the ordinary.

These reboots/crashes can happen even when you are upgrading a real Mac to a new version of macOS so it's nothing too out of the ordinary.

Man, if only Apple could handle those exceptions more gracefully. We're trained to think that repeating a broken process over and over again won't work, but in this case it does since it continues on. What sucks is that I also spent so much time reading and looking over settings and metaphorically pulling hair out over why High Sierra specifically keeps crashing in the middle of an install, whereas every other install would at the very least give verbal confirmation that it finished installing without these weird kernel panics. Good to know that this is now another option.

What sucks is that I also spent so much time reading and looking over settings and metaphorically pulling hair out over why High Sierra specifically keeps crashing in the middle of an install, whereas every other install would at the very least give verbal confirmation that it finished installing without these weird kernel panics.
This is why I made a video guide for my HP 8300 High Sierra install guide. This way those following my guide know that the reboots are to be expected. They don't get into a panic over what appears to be a kernel panic but isn't. The video of course is not in real time but it gets the point across well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back