Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite V2 - Ryzen 9 5900X - RX 580 - MacOS 12.1 Monterey OC 0.7.6 EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte ZA-77 Gaming 7
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
AMD RX 580
Hello Together,

i have build successful my Ryzentosh EFI.
My Specifications:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000Mhz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite V2 - F13 Bios Version
GPU: Powercolor AMD RX 580 - 8GB
Audio: Creative X-Fi Soundblaster 5.1 THX (USB)

My Ryzentosh is on MacOS 12.1 Monterey with OC 0.7.6
I use MacPro7.1 as SMBIOS

It works very well, but i have to optimize some things.

Whats not Working:
CPU Powermanagement
Sleeping mode
Bluetooth can not enable.
DRM is not working (Safari, Prime Video, Netflix)
Onboard Sound (I use a USB Soundcard works well)

Attachments

• R9:B550:RX580 Monterey OC 0.7.6 EFI Public.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 606
I benchmarked my rig with Geekbench 5 and this is my result.

i think it is not a good result and i am not happy with it.

Has someone a tuning tipp for me?

Bild 08.01.22 um 18.51.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello there,
you have a hardware setup close to mine. I cannot get working Wake/Sleep as well, at all.
Just for comparison, here are my Geekbench 5 results:

2022-01-06_11.29.03 (Geekbench 5 CPU test).png

They are pretty the same as you, I don't know if they are good or not.
A question about your System information screen: how/where did you edit the Processor type? I don't know how to show the correct CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x. I have Intel Xeon W shown there.

thank you.

Hello @kimb4ll ,
@Nighthawk99 too

I have a pretty similar Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 + Ryzen 5900X.

Do you think I can use you attached file as a startup?

I have an NVIDIA GTX 1060 that I need to disable. (but still plugged there for Windows booting.)
And an old GTX 760 that should work as macOS native as far as I know.

Any advice or guide as starting point is very welcome!

I am absolutely amazed by the amount of members still booting with old versions of OpenCore. You guys are missing out on the vast improvements made in the latest versions and I dare say also old kext versions.
You are either scared you'll break something or don't know how to update OC and all the files within the EFI Folder including kext files.

If you continue to use these OC obsolete files and kexts when the new macOS Ventura is released in the fall, you will inevitably fail during the install, no ifs no buts that is a fact. Updating the OC EFI Folder is so easy and painless with no more than two clicks of the mouse, but as someone pointed out to me on the very subject........'If it aint broken......' so I guess every man to his own.

So when the time comes, I will sit back and read all the posters still using old OC versions and kexts files wailing about reboot loops, panics, Installer USB not showing in the boot menu, etc, etc.
I think it is good practice to update OC as the versions are released to future proof our system for future OS X versions as far as Apple allows us to go before they complete switch over and cater to their own CPUs.

Hello @kimb4ll ,
@Nighthawk99 too

I have a pretty similar Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 + Ryzen 5900X.

Do you think I can use you attached file as a startup?

I have an NVIDIA GTX 1060 that I need to disable. (but still plugged there for Windows booting.)
And an old GTX 760 that should work as macOS native as far as I know.

Any advice or guide as starting point is very welcome!
kilaz,

Yes it would work. Give it a try.

To edit the EFI file normally you'll need something like Propertree or Plist Editor to edit the config.plist.
A full guide on how to do it is here > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

Despite not recommended by Dortania, I prefer to refer users to Opencore Configurator including beginners to check their settings. However for Opencore Configurator to work properly you must use the exact released version matched to OpencorePkg release date as otherwise it would introduce errors into your config.plist. For the EFI from kimb4ll above which uses OC 0.7.6 you need Opencore Configurator v2.55.0.

For the GTX 1060 disabling you could add this file attached to the ACPI folder and enable it in the config.plist. >
As your GTX 760 is natively supported, it should be detected under macOS so should not need any extra settings for it to work.

Attachments

• SSDT-DDGPU.aml
    369 bytes · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back