Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed by switching to iMac13,2 smbios.
I copied the stuff related to ACPI from Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED.plist (Macmini6,2) to Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4.plist (iMac13,2) in s/l/e/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/contents/plugins/x86platformplugin.kext/ in order to enable speedstep in iMac13,2.

f

:thumbup:

Hi, i've an Hackintosh with the same motherboard and i5 3570k. I'm using default HD4000 graphics card.
Everything was working as well also sleep mode and auto sleep.
Now it's about 2 days that the sleep and auto sleep stop working.
The Kernel Flag in the Chamaleon plist is setted by default ad match_kernel.
ML is updated to 10.8.4
I tryed to check the bios setting and all seem to be ok.

Do you have any idea? What can i check to determinate the reason of this fail?
Sleep and wake could be royal pains. I don't have a real solution for every case. Maybe opening a thread would help.

Hi,

ive got a small question regarding the gigabyte z77n-wifi miniitx board.

Im planning to build my self a new hackintosh... and trying to chose between those two motherboards: asrock z77e-itx and gigabyte z77n-wifi

i was first thinking to go with gigabyte, but than i saw your post:

"Gigabyte
Plus - no bios patching, minimum dsdt edit required
Minus - no msata, after wake from sleep - no matter what - any usb device plugged seems to be disconnected (and auto reconnected). That is really disappointing to me!"

is this sleep issue really annoying?
i was thinking to plug a bluetooth stick via usb, will it always connects and disconnects?

Can you give an advice?
or should i better go with asrock motherboard, as i understood theres no issues at all?

thnx.
Elijah
As I stated in that post, both of them are really good mobos. Personally I prefer ASRock, but it's a very personal opinion. And no: usb devices plugged in disconnected and auto reconnected is not a big deal to me. Gigabyte acts like this with its only usb controller (intel), and ASRock only with Asmedia usb controller (no issues with the intel one).
Your choice, man!

Hi.

Its been a while since last replying to this thread, my Hackintosh is running pretty smoothly except my Mouse.
Its the Logitech Performance MX and uses the Nano Receiver from Logitech, its really laggy and jumps allover the place.
Have tried all the USB ports but the same thing, Bluetooth seems not to cut the keyboard connection as much anymore.
The mouse works fine on my MB-Air, what could be the problem here ?
Hey Dyna, I'm glad your rig is working well. Did you tried an OSX friendly bluetooth dongle?

I followed the install instructions. I was able to do the install using -x and modify using MultiBeast. However, on booting up I keep getting the same error of "iobluetoothhcicontroller setconfigstate calling registerservice. Any advice?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-screen-ga-z77n-wifi-mac-mini.html#post648847
I guess you'll need a discrete Graphic Card, or change CPU. i5 3570 has hd 2500 integrated graphics which is a no go for Mountain Lion. If you're not planning to buy a Discrete GFX, you should change the CPU with i5 3570k (hd 4000 internal graphics)

Hi, i've an Hackintosh with the same motherboard and i5 3570k. I'm using default HD4000 graphics card.
Everything was working as well also sleep mode and auto sleep.
Now it's about 2 days that the sleep and auto sleep stop working.
The Kernel Flag in the Chamaleon plist is setted by default ad match_kernel.
ML is updated to 10.8.4
I tryed to check the bios setting and all seem to be ok.

Do you have any idea? What can i check to determinate the reason of this fail?

I have noted that some people using Gigabyte Z77 motherboards have suggested setting the memory speed manually in the bios rather than using the 'Profile 1' setting, this seems to have fixed their sleep/wake issues.

Adrian B

I have noted that some people using Gigabyte Z77 motherboards have suggested setting the memory speed manually in the bios rather than using the 'Profile 1' setting, this seems to have fixed their sleep/wake issues.

Adrian B

yes, definitely. do not use profile 1, set speed and all timings manually. e.g. 9.9.9.24. get the exact timings from CPU-Z

Ok this mouse is highly unusable right now :/
I dont know if here are some other signals in the air messing with the Logitech Nano Reciver.
I might just get a wired mouse instead, and plug it into my monitor.
Also a couple of questions :)

I did update my OS X to 10.8.4 using the guide from this thread, and istalling only the audio driver. Is that really the only one thing i need to install ? My system seems to work normally :) but still asking, no need for other things from MultiBeast ?

Also this system seems to quit all its running apps and kinda almost re-boot itself, without shutting down.
It quits all apps and shows briefly the grey screen with the loading circle in the middle, then its back in desktop.
What could cause the unexpected "crash" it does not matter what task i have going on the computer, basically unsaved data gets lost then :/

And if i would like to use the IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 reciver, do i need to edit some kext someway, i did try to run it out-of-the-box but did not work. This Belkin which i use now does not seem to disconnect the keyboard as much it used to, but would be nice to try that 4.0 i have unused now in my bookshelf :)

Thank You once again for your help.
/ Dyna.

I did update my OS X to 10.8.4 using the guide from this thread, and istalling only the audio driver. Is that really the only one thing i need to install ? My system seems to work normally :) but still asking, no need for other things from MultiBeast ?
Upon the system update, you have to reinstall ONLY the kext you've modified (AppleHDA), not those ones that have added: they don't belong to Vanilla Mountain Lion, so you won't have to change them, 'cause the update won't touch them.
Regarding AGPM kext, you should re-patch it after update (as a matter of fact that is another modified kext), but since the vanilla AGPM kext works as well this patch is no longer needed.

Also this system seems to quit all its running apps and kinda almost re-boot itself, without shutting down.
It quits all apps and shows briefly the grey screen with the loading circle in the middle, then its back in desktop.
What could cause the unexpected "crash" it does not matter what task i have going on the computer, basically unsaved data gets lost then :/
That's quite surprising! I've never experienced such an issue! Sorry I can't help, man

And if i would like to use the IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 reciver, do i need to edit some kext someway, i did try to run it out-of-the-box but did not work. This Belkin which i use now does not seem to disconnect the keyboard as much it used to, but would be nice to try that 4.0 i have unused now in my bookshelf :)
As far as I know there's no need to edit any kext... did you check some bluetooth thread in the forum?

Hi Great Build you have really inspired me, i have a budget of $1500 to build an htpc to replace my 2008 mac mini. and your builds have hit the Nail on the Head!:clap::clap::clap:

i intend to build an identical system to what you have built but the only thing that i don't understand is how did you use a Graphic card and a Wifi Card together when the mother board only has one[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] PCI Express slot ?

i have built previously three hackintoshes but never with a small motherboard.

my main use with be for Plex and a XBMC as a media center

looking forward to hear from you

Ammar
[/FONT]

how did you use a Graphic card and a Wifi Card together when the mother board only has one PCI Express slot ?

The GA-Z77N-WIFI has a mini-PCIe slot where the wifi card goes.

Look just below the ATX power connector:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 164
kudos for a very comprehensive guide. thanks! :thumbup:

Hey guys,

Sorry if my question is not in the right place, but I tried to find it - no luck so far.

So, I followed the steps of the first post, and did everythin as Giacomo wrote. When I finished, I restarted my Hackintosh, and now I'm stuck on the login screen, but it is a little bit messy. I can only see gray and white horizontal and vertical stripes. I can type my password, and login, but when I do, the desktop looks exactly tha same, still stripes everywhere.

Any Idea what could go wrong?

Thank's for your help,

Peter

Hey guys,

Sorry if my question is not in the right place, but I tried to find it - no luck so far.

So, I followed the steps of the first post, and did everythin as Giacomo wrote. When I finished, I restarted my Hackintosh, and now I'm stuck on the login screen, but it is a little bit messy. I can only see gray and white horizontal and vertical stripes. I can type my password, and login, but when I do, the desktop looks exactly tha same, still stripes everywhere.

Any Idea what could go wrong?

Thank's for your help,

Peter

Either turn the monitor off and back on...or disconnect the momitor csble and tnen plug it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back